Critical Care PA/NP in Stamford, CT
Critical Care PA/NP – FT Job Opportunity at Stamford Hospital
Stamford Hospital is a dynamic, non-profit, community academic hospital located in beautiful Stamford , Connecticut (30 minutes north of New York City). The hospital is affiliated with the renowned New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System and is a major teaching affiliate of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
We are actively accepting applications for experienced Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practioner (NP) for expanded critical care service coverage.
We are expanding a team that covers the critical care unit 24/7 with qualified PA/NPs. These PAs/NPs will work under close direction of an intensivist service and be integrated with our graduate medical education programs. The position is hospital based and the APP will be responsible to cover primarily medical ICU patients. This position will be focused more on nights than days.
- Round on ICU patients, collaborate with the Intensivists, orders and interpret tests, order appropriate medications, manage ventilators, communicate with families, and perform critical care procedures such as central venous access, arterial lines, and intubations all within scope of practice.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary rounding.
- Consultation for potential ICU candidates from the ER, floor, or post-operative patients.
Education, License and Requirements:
- Current Connecticut State License (or ability to obtain one); National Certification Highly Preferred
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Proficiency in all procedures, techniques and skills approved in the delineation of privileges
What We Offer:
- Beautiful 20 bed state of the art intensive care unit
- Highly attractive community to live and work in
- Competitive salary with benefits including health/dental/vision, plus retirement contribution
- Convenient commute from NYC, NJ, and CT
- Opportunity for collaboration with PA Program from Sacred Heart University located on our campus
Stamford Hospital, residing on the Bennett Medical Center campus, a 305-bed, not-for-profit community teaching hospital provides area residents with access to the latest technology using a compassionate, patient-centered approach. Stamford Health System is Planetree designated and is a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Together with our physicians, we provide a broad range of high-quality health and wellness services focused on the needs of our communities.
Stamford, Connecticut is an outstanding community in southern Fairfield County on Long Island Sound, 30 miles from Manhattan, with easy access to the rest of New England, local beaches, the exceptional cultural opportunities of the New York Metropolitan Area, and some of the country’s best school districts.
The city of Stamford provides an abundance of restaurants and entertainment with theaters, galleries, a Symphony, and a Jazz Festival, plus a downtown Mall with 130 retailers. Nearby, discover a Nature Center, Arts and Science Museum and Maritime Museum. Golf courses, both public and private, are in and around town. This is an area that is dynamic and growing, particularly within Stamford Health Systems.
The New Stamford Hospital, which opened September 2016 is the region’s only state-of-the-art, patient-centered, healthcare facility.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|