St. Luke’s Neurosurgical Associates (SLNA), located in the Lehigh Valley of Eastern Pennsylvania, is seeking an energetic neurosurgeon to join the practice. SLNA is a collegial, well-established, hospital employed group of 7 neurosurgeons (one acting as a hospitalist, as well as one additional interventional radiologist). This is the pre-eminent neurosurgery practice in the Lehigh Valley region of Pennsylvania with a strong referral base. The special feature of this group is the quality of the partners and the neurosurgery they practice.
The successful candidate will have solid training and interest in general neurosurgery, and be comfortable with trauma, including cranial and complex spine. Present partners also subspecialize in an area of particular interest/training.
Features of the practice:
- Network comprised of 10 hospitals. Primary neurosurgical call is dedicated to physically cover the University Campus as well as the soon to open level 2 trauma center at the Anderson campus; ER calls can come from all locations, but anything urgent/surgical being transferred to one of the above
- Call will be 1:6 on primary neurosurgical call as well as 1:6 backup call (1:3 overall). The service is consultative, with both trauma/surgical critical care or medical/internal medicine hospitalists handling admissions & taking first call
- Comprehensive Stroke Center, with separate cerebrovascular/endovascular call structure
- Minimal pediatric neurosurgery cases – stabilized and transferred
- Electronic office and hospital medical records (Epic), including home access including to PACS
- Referrals developed from extensive Network owned PCP practices, 10 Network ERs, neurology, spine & pain practice, oncology, ENT, etc. No in-network neurosurgery competition. 1 spine focused orthopedic surgeon in Network – very collegial relationship.
- Extensive corp of Advanced Practitioners to assist in ORs, facilitate rounding, office volumes, etc.
- Medical draw area of 1.1M residents in 11 counties
St. Luke’s University Hospital, the Network’s tertiary hub, is a 486-bed, Level 1 Trauma Center with a 14-bed Trauma/Neuro-ICU. Hospital highlights:
- Excellent medical/surgical critical care and hospitalist services taking first call on non-surgical pathologies with neurosurgeons consulting
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 2 64-slice and 1 16-slice CT, Varian Trilogy Radiosurgery unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscopes, Medtronics StealthStation frameless stereotactic systems, endoscopic/ventriculoscopic OR system
St Luke’s Anderson Campus, elevating to level 2 trauma center, Fall 2021. 108 beds with 8 ICU beds
- Same structure of medical/surgical critical care and hospitalists service at this campus
- Block OR Time
- 2 x 1.5T MRI, 64-slice CT, Varian Truebeam frameless SRS unit, Zeiss Pentero neurosurgical operating microscope
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, DC and the Jersey Shore. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.