Pulmonary Critical Care Physician Opportunity in Washington, NC
**Accepting Candidates from Search Firms**
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Beaufort Hospital, located in Washington, North Carolina, are seeking a board certified or board eligible Pulmonary Critical Care physician to serve as the practices sole full-time provider. The successful candidate will build upon existing practice with support from Vidant Medical Group. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Beaufort Hospital
- Established 9 hospital healthcare system with over 100 outpatient practices
- Inpatient and outpatient clinical responsibilities
- 10-bed ICU
- Large built-in referral network
- Unique opportunity to expand existing practice
- Ability to live in a beautiful waterfront community
- Excellent compensation and benefits package including relocation
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com.
Vidant Beaufort Hospital in Washington is a 142-bed full-service hospital with an active medical staff of more than 50 physicians representing 20+ specialties, as well as more than 600 nurses, technicians and support staff. The hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, surgical, intensive care, emergency, pediatrics and women’s services. In addition there is a lab, diagnostic imaging services, physical and respiratory therapy. Vidant Beaufort also features the Marion L. Shepard Cancer Center, offering leading-edge chemotherapy and radiation therapy, among other cancer services.
Washington is a small town that honors its historic traditions while embracing the future. It features one of the state’s largest commercial and residential historic districts, featuring stunning antebellum homes and buildings. It’s located on the Tar and Pamlico rivers, serving as a gateway to the second largest estuary on the East Coast. Health care is an important industry in Washington and the surrounding area in addition to PCS Phosphate, Hackney Industries, Weyerhaeuser and Fountain Powerboats.
- Beautiful waterfront community
- Located in the heart of the Inner Banks on the beautiful Pamlico Sound
- Only 20 miles east of Greenville, NC and 70 miles from the spectacular Crystal Coast beaches
- Flourishing waterfront downtown district offers unique, world-class restaurants, intriguing shops, art galleries and more
- Desirable climate with mild winters and all 4 seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Provides diverse and affordable housing, including waterfront homes and land
- A number of school options including public, charter, parochial and private
- Parks & Recreation Department offers a youth sports complex with baseball, softball and soccer fields, an aquatic and fitness center, waterfront parks and boat launching facilities
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Ashley Rudolph at (252) 847-1944 or Ashley.Rudolph@vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.