MD/DO - General Orthopedic Surgery - Rural Community Hospital
Are you seeking an opportunity to grow your general orthopedic practice?
ThedaCare, Inc. a successful Wisconsin integrated health system, seeks a BE/BC General Orthopedic Surgeon for its Berlin, WI location. Berlin is a small, quaint city that offers a growing, family oriented community. A draw to this area are the beautiful bodies of water including Green Lake. The views are breathtaking and there is no shortage of activates in the area including hiking, biking, boating, kayaking, canoeing or paddle boarding.
- Rural Community Hospital practice with access to team of fellowship trained orthopedic specialist.
- Most common surgeries within this region include, but not limited to: total knee and hip replacements, arthroscopy, and fracture care.
- Primary care referral base of 225+ providers
- Supportive team of dedicated Advanced Practice Clinicians that provide first assist in surgery, hospital rounding, and clinic practice
- Call Rotation: 1:4, with historical minimal call in
- EPIC is used as the integrated EMR
- Patient Service Area consists of over 66,000 people
ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin (Formerly Berlin Memorial Hospital) is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital serving patients in Berlin and surrounding areas.
ThedaCare Medical Center Berlin Services
- 24-Hour Emergency Care - Board Certified Emergency Medicine Staff available 24/7, with close connections to ThedaStar in the event of a transfer to a higher level care facility is necessary.
- Family Birth Care with rooms designed to provide comfort to all family members. Water Birth is an option at this facility.
- Rehabilitation Services, which provides a full range of services to treat mind, body, and spirit, offering an integrated approach to health and wellness.
Located along the Fox River, Berlin is rich in history. Once the highway for French Fur Traders, Jesuit missionaries and a number of native American tribes, the river later became a major waterway for residents businesses and visitors. Today, the river offers recreation and family fun in each of the four seasons.
Riverside Park spans 38 acres and boasts a boat launch and fishing piers, a campground along its shores, and a frisbee golf course among other things. It is one of eight parks within the city boundaries, including three located along the river. In the winter, the river is part of the snowmobile trail throughout the area. Hiking, biking, or cross-country skiing along the Mascoutin Trail takes you through part of Green Lake County. If golfing is your thing, the 27-hole Mascoutin Golf Course, home of the 2009 Wisconsin State Senior Open, is ready and waiting for you!
Berlin is located in the northeast corner of Green Lake County in Central Wisconsin. The central location offers quick access to three state highways (23, 44, and 49), as well as U.S. Highway 41.
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ ,,,,,,primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services. ,,,,,,
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, ,,,,,,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with ,,,,,,about 6,800 employees. ,,,,,,
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. ,,,,,, Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ,,,,,, ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ,,,,,, ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Modern interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Distance to Appleton: 41 miles
- Distance to Oshkosh: 22 miles
- Distance to Green Bay: 74 miles
- Distance to Milwaukee: 90 miles
- Distance to Madison: 85 miles
- Distance to Chicago, IL: 180 miles
- Distance to Minneapolis, MN: 254 miles