Ob/Gyn Hospitalist Opportunity Stamford Health, Stamford, CT
The Department of Ob/Gyn at Stamford Health is seeking an additional physician to join their Ob/Gyn Hospitalist group. The Labor and Delivery unit at Stamford Hospital welcomes approximately 2,400 newborns a year. Our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is staffed by experienced neonatologists 24/7.
Stamford Hospital is a teaching affiliate for Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons. It is the site of residency programs in family medicine, internal medicine, ob/gyn (4 residents a year), and general surgery.
The position has clinical, academic, and administrative responsibilities, including hospital based obstetrical and gynecologic care, supervision of ob/gyn residents and students, and overseeing perinatal safety.
- Work fourteen 12-hour shifts per month
- Triage patients presenting for evaluation on Labor and Delivery
- Attending of record for resident service and unassigned patients
- Serve as Safety Officer on Labor and Delivery: facilitating daily safety rounds, intervening as necessary for obstetrical emergencies
- Provide consultations requested by the Emergency Department or other inpatient services, and performing surgical procedures as appropriate
- Supervise residents and medical students on Labor and Delivery
- Teach residents and students in both formal didactic and informal clinical settings
- Research opportunities available
- Complete 12 hours/month of administrative work
- Participate as a member in department and/or hospital committees
- Attendance at Grand Rounds, Chair Rounds, Morbidity and Mortality conferences, and other similar meetings
- Assist with QA/QI initiatives
- Graduation from a 4-year accredited OB/GYN residency
- Board certified/board eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Connecticut medical license or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to obtain medical staff privileges
Stamford Hospital, residing on the Bennett Medical Center campus, a 305-bed, not-for-profit community teaching hospital provides area residents with access to the latest technology using a compassionate, patient-centered approach. Stamford Health System is Planetree designated and is a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Together with our physicians, we provide a broad range of high-quality health and wellness services focused on the needs of our communities.
Stamford, Connecticut is an outstanding community in southern Fairfield County on Long Island Sound, 30 miles from Manhattan, with easy access to the rest of New England, local beaches, the exceptional cultural opportunities of the New York Metropolitan Area, and some of the country’s best school districts.
The city of Stamford provides an abundance of restaurants and entertainment with theaters, galleries, a Symphony, and a Jazz Festival, plus a downtown Mall with 130 retailers. Nearby, discover a Nature Center, Arts and Science Museum and Maritime Museum. Golf courses, both public and private, are in and around town. This is an area that is dynamic and growing, particularly within Stamford Health Systems.
The New Stamford Hospital, which opened September 2016 is the region’s only state-of-the-art, patient-centered, healthcare facility.