Academic Trauma Intensivist Opportunity in Greenville, NC
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The East Carolina University Department of Surgery and the Center of Excellence for Trauma and Surgical Critical Care is seeking applicants for an Emergency Medicine-trained Critical Care Intensivist to work in the Division of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.
The successful candidate will join nine academic trauma and acute care surgery faculty to staff the Trauma Service, Surgical Critical Care team, and cover the SICU at Vidant Medical Center, an ACS verified level 1 University Trauma Center. Clinical research is available and encouraged. Teaching opportunities exist for medical students, surgical and emergency medicine residents, and surgical critical care and trauma fellows.
Applicants should have completed an Emergency Medicine residency and a Critical Care Medicine fellowship and be either board certified or eligible in Critical Care Medicine. The position represents an excellent opportunity for an EM-CC candidate to participate in a more trauma, surgical and procedure-based employment model that allows for participation in surgical critical care, trauma call, and emergency medicine.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 974-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Mercer at (252)847-9029 or Amanda.Mercer@Vidanthealth.com.