General Surgery Opportunity in Roanoke Rapids, NC
Accepting Candidates from Search Firms
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant North Hospital are currently seeking a board eligible or board certified general surgeon to join an established practice in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. The ideal candidate should have several years of experience. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant North Hospital, a 204-bed community hospital
- Ability to live near or on Lake Gaston, a beautiful lakefront community with close proximity to Roanoke Rapids, NC
- Established practice with 3 surgeons
- Ideal candidate will perform bread and butter general surgery
- Shared call
- Inpatient and outpatient clinical responsibilities
- Built in referral network
- Excellent compensation and benefits including base salary and bonus structure
- Potential for resident/fellow stipend
- Relocation assistance
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 550 providers in more than 100 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Roanoke Rapids is located in northeastern North Carolina close to the Virginia border. Whether you prefer downtown living or more rural lake living, Roanoke Rapids/Halifax County has the perfect spot to call home! Roanoke Rapids affords residents the comforts of small town living within close proximity to the beautiful waterways of North Carolina and Virginia including the Roanoke River and Lake Gaston. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently located near the hospital, vast country acreage, and waterfront home sites are just a few of the things that make Roanoke Rapids unique.
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- Close proximity to North Carolina and Virginia beaches
- Affordable cost of living
- Excellent public and private school options
Vidant North Hospital is a 204-bed hospital that includes a medical staff of over 60 physicians. With a service area that includes Halifax, Northampton, and Warren counties, the hospital offers a broad range of medical and surgical services including 24-hour emergency care, primary and specialty care, and diagnostic services.
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Ashley Rudolph at (252) 847-1944 or Ashley.Rudolph@vidanthealth.com.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.