Academic Family Medicine/Internal Medicine- Geriatrics Opportunity in Greenville,NC
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Family Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, is seeking a B/C or B/E Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician to join the Geriatrics Division. Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Geriatrics, or CAQ eligible, is preferred. ECU Department of Family Medicine
Job Highlights include:
- Join a transformative department, implementing principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home model in all aspects of patient care, education, teaching, and research
- Tenure track or fixed term appointment - open to all levels of academic achievement to include assistant, associate, and full professor
- State-of- the-art Monk Geriatric Center with dedicated teaching and patient care areas
- Opportunities exist for teaching geriatric fellows and involvement with the teaching nursing home project
- Responsibilities include providing direct patient care, teaching medical students, residents, fellows and other learners
- Practice and teaching sites include the Monk Ambulatory Geriatric Center, the Family Medicine Center, Family Medicine Inpatient Service, and a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Days & Reimbursement
- Malpractice (with tail)
- State Benefits
- Life Insurance
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at (252)847-3591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.