EMS Fellowship-Trained Emergency Medicine Physician
St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, and major teaching hospital is seeking a BC/BE Emergency Medicine Physician with an EMS fellowship to work with our team in the development of an EMS fellowship program.
In addition to serving as an Emergency Physician in a network Emergency Department, the physician will:
- Provide prehospital physician services as part of prehospital care team
- Serve as a core faculty member in the network’s new EMS Fellowship (pending ACGME accreditation).
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- Opportunity to work with Emergency Medicine Residents
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Generous loan forgiveness program – up to $100,000
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- Please click here to review our Provider Recruitment Brochure
- Successful completion of an Emergency Medicine Residency accredited by the ACGME or AOA.
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine.
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility in Emergency Medical Services by the American Board of Emergency Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine.
- Have or be eligible to obtain a valid Drug Enforcement Agency number.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain certification as a Prehospital EMS Physician by the PA Bureau of EMS.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain accreditation as an EMS Vehicle Operator by the PA Bureau of EMS.
- Prior experience with GME
- Experience with Mass Casualty/Disaster Management
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, DC and the Jersey Shore. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.