LOCUMS BC Ophthalmologist Needed in Greenville, NC
Vidant Medical Group is seeking a BC Ophthalmologist to help provide call coverage for their team at Vidant Medical Center. Provider will need to come in the day before scheduled for orientation.
As soon as credentialed-ongoing during recruitment
- Will need to evaluate all hospital and ED consults, including evaluation and surgical treatment of trauma
- Inpatient and outpatient only
- Provider must be within 20 minutes within Vidant Medical Center while on call
- EPIC trained preferred
- Anticipated volumes/day: 5-6
- Average patients/provider: 5-6
- Provider will not respond to codes
- No ICU/Critical Care duties
- Will not serve as Emergency Room backup
- List of required procedures: repair ruptured globe, repair eyelid lacerations, remove corneal foreign body
Ophthalmology Call Schedule
08/13/21 - 0 8/19/21
08/20/21 – 08/23/21
09/28/21 – 09/30/21
10/01/21 – 10/04/21
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,712-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 15,000 employees, 9 hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 550 providers in more than 100 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
For more information, please contact Joyce Best at (252) 847-6044 or Joyce.Best@VidantHealth.com.