LOCUMS General Surgery Opportunity in Edenton, NC
Vidant General Surgery and Vidant Chowan Hospital located in Edenton, North Carolina are seeking a Board Certified General Surgeon to provide locums coverage. New providers will need to come in the day before first shift for orientation. Five years minimum experience is preferred.
- Vidant Chowan Hospital - Inpatient & Outpatient call and coverage
- Call 1: solo coverage
- Nights & Weekends
- Volumes per day during outpatient clinic: 25
- Volumes per day surgical cases: up to 8 elective
- Average total surgical inpatient census: 2
- Average number of Admissions/day: 1
- May require ICU/Critical Care duties
- LT does not respond to codes
- LT required to cover consults and procedures in ED during call
- BLS Required; if candidate would like conscious sedation privileges candidate will be required to have ACLS and PALS
- Procedures: Gall bladder removal, appendix removal, food bolus, bowel obstruction, hernia repair
- EPIC EHR
Vidant Chowan Hospital - 15 medical/surgical beds; 4 ICU beds
Day Coverage # of physicians: 1
Night Coverage # of physicians: 1 (call)
Vidant Chowan Hospital
Vidant Chowan Hospital in Edenton is a 25-bed critical access hospital which provides programs and services to 110,000 people in 6 counties. It offers medical and surgical services, including intensive care, a specialty care clinic and a dedicated outpatient surgery area with endoscopy capabilities. A 7- bed emergency department serves approximately 16,000 patients per year.
For more information, please contact Joyce Best at (252) 847-6044 or Joyce.Best@VidantHealth.com.