NP/PA - Hospital/Urgent Care - Waupaca
ThedaCare is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals providing both clinic and hospital work.
- Full Time (4 days per week)
- 1.0 FTE
- No Call
This APC will have a dedicated MD mentor as well as APC colleagues for assistance. When working in the hospital, there is an MD in the hospital at all times that they will see patients in conjunction with. There is a physician on call 24/7 for questions/concerns.
- When working in the clinic, APCs has an MA at a 1:1 ratio.
- Potential for every Monday or Friday 7a-5p in the hospital, then three eight hour shifts during the week in the clinic doing urgent care or family practice. So typical 4 days per week-full days. Urgent Care days are 8a-7p and are shared with other urgent care providers.
- When in clinic, average of 19 patients per day. In hospital, census can range from 8-15 on average
ThedaCare is a comprehensive, integrated healthcare system dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve. With over 180 locations, including seven hospitals, we empower people to live their unique, best lives through easy access to outstanding individualized care.
- Family Medicine
- OB Care
- Bone Density Scan
- General Surgical Procedures
Waupaca is a long time vacation spot, rich in specialty shops, a variety of restaurants, golf courses, and outdoor activities. The Waupaca area supports a service area of over 30,000 people within a 15-mile radius of the city and is known for its lakeside beauty!
Waupaca is located in east central Wisconsin at the junction of US Highway 10 and State Highway 22, 49, and 54, and is the heart of the famous "Chain of Lakes" area!
Appleton International Airport located in Appleton, and Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay offer modern facilities and convenient access to all the Midwest hubs. A few additional airport hubs in the region are Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee, General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, and Dane County Regional Airport in Madison.
Modern interstate highway systems provide quick, easy access to larger metropolitan areas:
- Appleton: 35 miles
- Chicago: 180 miles
- Green Bay: 60 miles
- Madison: 100 miles
- Milwaukee: 120 miles
- Minneapolis: 230 miles
- Stevens Point: 26 miles
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton,147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|