Hospitalist Physician-Mercy Hospital in Joplin, Missouri(Nocturnist)
Mercy Clinic is seeking Hospitalist Physicians to join our group at Mercy Hospital in Joplin, Missouri.
7 on/7 off scheduling
- Nocturnist shift
Excellent subspecialty support in cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, and oncology along with good rapport with emergency medicine, radiology and anesthesia services lines readily available to assist you.
- No procedures required
Fully staffed intensivist program
Teaching opportunities with local medical school in Joplin-KCUMB
Equipped with electronic medical record (Epic)
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Premium shift pay, plus incentives after the 1st year
- $50,000 commencement bonus
- Retirement (401k/403b) plan
- Relocation assistance
The opening of Mercy Hospital Joplin brings an unprecedented leap forward in health care while fulfilling a promise not just to rebuild, but build a stronger community.
Patients will benefit from the latest technologies and design innovations:
- Brand new, state-of-the art, 200+ bed hospital which opened March 2015.
- State-of-the-art emergency department next to imaging and operating rooms for faster diagnostics and treatment.
- Intensive care that has won national recognition for providing an added level of attention to the sickest patients. Medical experts at the bedside are helped by off-site, critical-care doctors and nurses in monitoring patients 24/7. This teamwork reduces lengths of stay, improves care and saves lives.
- Telemedicine provides life-saving care for patients who suffer from stroke and dangerous complications from infection. Mercy’s technology monitors and manages care in a radically new way with centralized early alerts to flag patients at the first sign of trouble.
- Integrated electronic health record connects patient care within the hospital, across Joplin and throughout Mercy, coordinating care to ensure healthier patients while eliminating testing duplications.
- Accredited cancer center provides comprehensive care through a full range of diagnostic and treatment services.
- Intuitive design makes it easier for patients and visitors to find their way.
- Storm-hardened facility with precast concrete shell, windows that can withstand high winds and partially buried generators for backup power in an emergency.
- Large combined labor, delivery and recovery rooms keep families together as new moms remain in one room for their entire stay - not available elsewhere in the region.
- Birthing center includes secure access for labor and delivery rooms, ensuring babies and families are safe during their stay.
Joplin is located in the southwestern corner of Missouri, in an area referred to as the “Four State Area” given its close proximity to commute to Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Joplin has a population of approximately 50,000 and a daytime population of 240,000. The population within a 40-mile radius of Joplin is 400,000, making it Missouri’s fourth largest metropolitan area.
Joplin’s convenient I-44 location attracts tourists and travelers and serves as a popular destination for conferences and events. The city park system maintains nearly 1,000 acres and includes a golf course, numerous swimming pools and 15 miles of scenic walking/biking trails. Joplin combines the beauty and hospitality of country living with the convenience and commerce of city vitality.
Mercy, a four-time IBM Watson Health top five large U.S. health system in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, is a faith-based organization and serves millions annually. Located in seven states, Mercy is comprised of 40 hospitals and more than 2,500 Mercy Clinic physicians. Located in seven states, Mercy is comprised of 40 hospitals and more than 2,500 Mercy Clinic physicians. We have hospitals in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma, as well as underserved clinics in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Mercy Clinic is a strong, physician-led and professionally-managed multi-specialty group. Today, Mercy Clinic is ranked one the largest integrated physician organizations in the country by SK&A, in the company of Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic.
Become a part of our legacy and help us build a healthier future.