Are you looking for a great employment opportunity? How about a perfect mix of hometown flavor and city amenities in the piney forests of east Texas, with access to an international airport just 90 minutes away?
Woodland Heights Medical Center is seeking additional BC/BE Internists forEMPLOYMENT.
• Employment possible with competitive base salary and productivity incentives
• Area practices currently closed to new patients because of existing patient base, a number of IMs are nearing retirement, & an undersupply of IMs in the area means there’s plenty of unmet demand
• Hospital Call may be 1:4 or 1:5 depending on which call group the new physicians join
• Outpatient only practice is also possible
• Various office spaces available in town
Lufkin, with a local population of almost 40,000 and a service area population approaching 200,000, offers the safety, security and low crime rates of a home-town community with many amenities. Lufkin has much to offer:
• 90 minutes to Houston metro area and George Bush Intercontinental Airport
• Lufkin’s daily population influx to almost 100,000 (due to its identity as a regional business and commerce hub) means there are many services and entertainments not normally found in a city its size.
• The area is a fishermen’s and hunters’ paradise boasting all kinds of outdoor activities, including a golf course consistently ranked among the best in Texas.
Woodland Heights Medical Center will be offering a competitive recruitment package that may include:
• Competitive base salary with productivity incentives & full employee benefits
• Sign-on and/or commencement bonus
• Relocation and CME expenses
• Medical education stipend for current residents and/or
• Loan repayment assistance
Remember, Texas is a Tort Reform State and has No Personal Income Tax!
Woodland Heights Medical Center is an award-winning 146-bed facility in Lufkin, a regional commercial and economic hub located less than 100 miles northeast of the Houston metro area. HealthGrades ranks Woodland Heights in the nation’s top five percent for clinical excellence. Recognized for its continued excellence in cardiac care, Woodland Heights is a five star rated hospital for the treatment of heart failure. Additionally, Woodland Heights is credited for outstanding pulmonary and gastrointestinal programs. These two service areas are individually ranked in the nation’s top five percent and named best in region for pulmonary and gastrointestinal care. Specialty care is a strength of Woodland Heights.
Woodland Heights provides a broad range of resources and programs to meet the needs of a service area of more than 200,000. An Open Heart Surgery Center of Excellence, Digital Bi-plane Cardiac Cath Labs, Sleep Disorders Laboratory, Wound Healing Center, The Women's Center (Labor & Delivery Services), Imaging Services - MRI/MRA, Special Procedures, Spiral CT, Digital Ultrasound, Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation, Outlying Primary Care Clinics and an Ambulatory Surgery Center are among the resources Woodland Heights brings to the people of east Texas.
Consider Lufkin’s lucky predicament—its permanent resident population of about 36,000 positions it solidly as a “home-town” kind of community with friendly neighborhoods, lots of small community events, and other benefits of the simple life. At the same time, however, its status as a commercial and economic hub for a 60-mile radius with a population approaching 250,000 means that the typical day-time population of the city is about 100,000! Consequently, one can find a much wider range of amenities and services than typical in a “home-town” setting, such as fine dining, a surprisingly large zoo (complete with hippo, giraffes, big cats and lots of other “big city” inhabitants), 21 cinema screens, two country clubs, etc.
Lufkin boasts two very strong school systems (LISD and Hudson ISD), and is home to the largest number of National Merit Scholars per capita in the Lone Star state! Modern facilities, quality administration and community commitment have positioned local students to receive an excellent primary and secondary education. A number of private schools, including St. Patrick and St. Cyprian schools, provide a variety of alternative settings and round out the educational opportunities.