California Orthopedic opening
Barstow Community Hospital is seeking a BE/BC Orthopedic Surgeon to provide full-time services.
This is an amazing personal and professional opportunity to join an established and growing practice in an under-served area.
- Location is everything! Practice is located within a short drive to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, ski resorts, and south California beaches.
- Employed Position
- Physician must be comfortable with General Ortho and Joint Replacement
- Office Space and Equipment ready and available
- Shared Call
- Plenty of OR space and staff is trained for Ortho procedures
- Full Anesthesia Coverage with Regional Blocks
Nationally Competitive Compensation Package May Include:
- Base Salary
- Productivity/Incentive Compensation
- Commencement Bonus
- CME assistance
- Relocation Allowance
- Medical Education Debt Assistance
- Stipend during Training and more!
BARSTOW COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: After serving the local and surrounding communities for more than 50 years offering surgical, CCU and obstetric care, Barstow Community Hospital celebrated the opening of a new 30 bed acute care hospital on October 13, 2012. Emergency Services are available 24 hours a day. Our new hospital includes laboratory and radiology departments, private rooms and a 15 bed emergency department. Barstow, California is located in the Mohave Desert between Los Angeles and Las Vegas, NV, at the junction of Interstate 15 & Interstate 40.
COMMUNITY and ACTIVITY INFORMATION: Barstow is located in the Mojave Desert of California and has a population of 40,859. The Barstow community supports many outdoor activities with many parks, an Olympic size indoor municipal pool, and off road racing. There are 18 elementary, middle and high schools and a private elementary school that runs from September to June. Barstow offers Barstow Community College, a two year school, along with nearby colleges and universities including California State University, University at Riverside, University of Redlands and Loma Linda University.
CLIMATE: The Mojave Desert is remarkable for its clean air and beautiful sunsets. Typically mild California seasonal changes, cool nights and warm, sunny days invite newcomers.