General Surgery Opportunity Near St. Louis, MO
HSHS Medical Group is recruiting a General Surgeon to fill a growing community need in Breese, Illinois, and surrounding areas. This is a great opportunity to join an established practice with built in referrals coming from dozens of HSHS Medical Group primary and specialty providers.
- The clinic is based at HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital in Breese, Il, which is just 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis.
- Office hours our Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Call is 1:4.
- We have EMR and PACS as well as access to lab, x-ray, MRI and CT on site.
- Our general surgeons cover call at 2 of our nearby hospitals: HSHS St. Joseph's Hospital in Highland (just 20 minutes away) and HSHS Holy Family Hospital in Greenville (just 35 minutes away).
St. Joseph’s Hospital in Breese, Illinois, is an 85-bed acute care hospital with full inpatient, obstetric, surgical and outpatient facilities. Our state-of-the-art Outpatient Center has 22 private rooms and provides a range of support services including laboratory blood draws and easily accessible surgical entry. The most recent addition to the campus is the hospital HealthPlex, which provides state-of-the-art equipment, medically-based fitness training and wellness education. St. Joseph’s Hospital Breese offers a complete surgical rehabilitation program integrating physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and other services to ensure maximum recovery.
- Breese, Illinois is a charming community and a great place to live, work, and play.
- Breese is located only 30 minutes from St. Louis, Missouri.
- Enjoy easy access to cultural activities, educational opportunities, sporting venues, shopping, and other amenities, while taking advantage of a small town setting.
- The 26,000 Acre Carlyle Lake is located just 15 minutes away for camping, hiking and water sport activities.
- One of the best things about living in Breese is having Illinois’ largest lake right in your own backyard.
- Great award winning schools located in O’Fallon where many of our providers live.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including:
- Guaranteed salary plan plus productivity bonus. Unlimited compensation potential with the wRVU bonuses.
- Health, life, dental, and disability insurance
- Malpractice with tail coverage
- Relocation assistance and housing incentive bonus
- Pension and matching 403b
- Paid CME; 5 days CME time; 20 days vacation; 6 holidays
HSHS Medical Group is the physician organization of Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS). HSHS is a fully integrated health care system that sponsors 14 hospitals in 13 communities across Illinois and Wisconsin. HSHS Medical Group works in partnership with HSHS Hospitals to give providers the support they need to provide the highest level of patient care possible. In addition, HSHS is affiliated with the nationally recognized cardiology group, Prairie Cardiovascular. HSHS generates more than $1.5 billion in revenue annually and employs more than 14,000 people. HSHS Medical Group has a network of clinical providers that includes physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and other medical professionals.
Breese, Illinois is a great community with small town atmosphere close to big city amenities - Located a short 35 minutes from St. Louis, Missouri. Breese has planned for the future by upgrading numerous aspects of the community. The private sector has provided a modern healthcare system, successful small businesses and have supported the growth of quality schools (public & private) that fit every child's needs.
The 26,000 Acre Carlyle Lake is located just 15 minutes away for camping, hiking, and water sport activities. One of the best things about living in Breese is having Illinois’ largest lake right in your own backyard. In just minutes, you can be out your front door and in your boat, bicycling or walking the top of the Dam, fishing, camping, or partaking in any of your favorite outdoor activities and our many local events. Breese’ many organizations provide a way to make friends and become involved in a community that has worked together to provide a high quality life with small town values.