Forgot My Password
Job Summary:Responsible for all professional activity within the Division of Geriatrics and
assures quality of patient care.
Essential Functions: Including but not limited to.
1. Provide clinical continuity of care for the Division of Geriatrics.
2. Performs a History and Physical Examination evaluation and other services as necessary. Review hospital records, labs, verifying information with patient’s primary care Physician or specialists. Review and reapply advance directives from the hospital.
3. Provides and/or orders all rests necessary to the patient physical condition. Sign all verbal orders, telephone orders, review labs, monitor medications for side effects.
4. Follow up with patients on the results of all test/examination reports.
5. Communicate with the Director of Nursing and Nursing Staff as appropriate.
6. Communicate with Sub-Acute/Nursing home management as appropriate.
7. Provide call coverage evening, nights and weekends as assigned.
8. Transfer of patients to and from HackensackUMC as per hospital policy
9. Communicate relative information to the patient’s primary care physician as appropriate.
10. Communicate with the accountable Care Organization as needed (ACO).
11. At discharge write discharge summary or transfer note prescriptions, recommend appropriate labs, follow to the primary physician, and notify the primary phyaician regarding the discharge summary.
12. Developing and monitoring quality improvement plan components for geriatric internal medicine.
13. Assist the Section Chief in the design and implementation of teaching and education
programs in nursing education.
14. Assist the Section Chief in providing clinical support for geriatric/internal medicine patient care services, long term care, sub-acute, assisted living.
15. Complies with patient care protocols for clinical practice at all sites of care
16. Complies with clinical outcomes targeted to facilitate changes in clinical practice that enhance cost-effective, high quality care.
17. Assist the Section Chief in providing clinical support for geriatric/internal medicine inpatients at other area hospitals and long-term/sub-acute care facilities that are affiliated with the Division of Geriatrics, as requested by those services.
18. Assist the Section Chief with geriatric/internal medicine care issues and assists with medication monitoring in conjunction with the Pharmacy.
19. Active involvement in Grand Rounds and CME-related programs at HackensackUMC and
20. Participate in the design and implementation of education programs for medical and other
staff (rounds, lectures, journal clubs, etc.), as well as education programs for the community.
21. Other duties as assigned by the Chief, Division of Geriatrics.
Contacts:HackensackUMC personnel, physician consultants, patients and their families.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
medical center as well as of other institutions affiliated with the Division of Geriatrics.
• Possess a NJ Medical License
• Board-certified/Board-eligible in Internal Medicine/Geriatrics
Hackensack University Medical Center is a 775-bed, not-for-profit teaching, tertiary care, and research hospital located in northern New Jersey, just 12 miles west of New York City. With an annual budget of more than $1 billion, 7,500 employees, nearly 1,500 physicians, and 1,700 volunteers, the medical center is New Jersey's largest and busiest.
Our emphasis on quality, service, and safety drives all that we do and has resulted in an atmosphere of excellence in patient care, employee satisfaction, and educational opportunities.
Hackensack University Health Network is the New Jersey-based parent company of HackensackUMC, the HackensackUMC Foundation, Hackensack University Medical Groups, and corporate joint venture partners with LHP Hospital Group (Dallas, TX) in ownership of two hospitals: HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley and HackensackUMC Mountainside. Together with six other health systems, the Network is part of the nation’s largest healthcare consortium of its kind, AllSpire Health Partners; with a total of 28 hospitals and service area of more than six million people. HackensackUHN also enjoys clinical and academic affiliations with some of the nation’s most well-renowned health systems, hospitals and universities, including: CentraState Healthcare System, CityMD, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, MinuteClinic, North Shore-LIJ Health System, NYU Langone Medical Center’s Division of Pediatric Surgery, Palisades Medical Center, Rutgers Medical School, St. George’s University, and Stevens Institute of Technology. With 1,250 beds, nearly 10,000 employees and 2,700 credentialed physicians at hospitals within the Network, Hackensack University Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems in New Jersey.
When making contact with the person who posted this opportunity, please tell them you saw their posting on PracticeMatch.
This site is only intended for job seekers to contact the organizations posting jobs. Use of this site for solicitation and other unintended purposes is prohibited.