Medical Director, ThedaCare Medical Center - Berlin
The Medical Director of ThedaCare Medical Center - Berlin provides clinical leadership for patient care, quality improvement initiatives, provider clinical activities, clinical processes and workflows, resource management, and system integration for provision of care across the continuum. Fosters tight relationships as a system thinker connecting diverse care givers to improve coordination of care. Serves as dyad partner with the Director of Nursing for ThedaCare Medical Center - Berlin and is part of the Berlin hospital leadership team. Works collaboratively with medical staff leadership to promote high quality patient care, implement process improvement, and facilitate educational activities. Assures that performance improvement and utilization management plans of the medical center meet requirements of Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies.
Expected hours: 10 hours per week
- Education – MD or DO and Board Certification in specialty
- Active, unrestricted license to practice in Wisconsin
- MBA, MS, MHA or similar degree or progress toward one is preferred
- Five years experience as a physician with demonstrated leadership ability
ThedaCare is a community-owned, non-profit health system consisting of seven hospitals and 30+ primary care clinics, comprising of 225 primary care providers, serving 14 counties with a population of 1,236,305 and a projected growth rate of 1.3% by the year 2023. ThedaCare is a Next Generation ACO with 900 provider affiliates. In addition, we offer services with ThedaCare At Work, ThedaCare At Home, and other healthcare services.
- Hospital Locations:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton, 147 Bed Acute Care
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, 151 Bed Acute Care, Level II Trauma Center
- ThedaCare Medical Center-New London, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Berlin, 25 Bed Critical Access
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Wild Rose, 25 Bed Critical Access
ThedaCare is the third largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with about 6,800 employees.
Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges.
We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
ThedaCare is the first healthcare system in Wisconsin to be selected as a Mayo Clinic Care Network member.
This job posting is available in other languages besides English free of charge. Please contact the ThedaCare Employment Center to make your request at 920-830-5800 and then prompt “1”. ThedaCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ThedaCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.