Gastroenterology California North Coast
Physician-employed position with St. Joseph Health Medical Group
- Successful multi-specialty group offering physician employed position
- Great benefits, competitive salary
- Possible sign-on/relocation/loan repayment available
- Fantastic quality of life
About the practice:
- BC/BE, no more than 7 on call days a month.
- Full Service GI unit fully staffed with skilled nurses and technicians.
- Equipment includes Olympus 190 Series, ERCP with Spyglass, Esophageal Motility with BRAVO, endoscopic ultrasound, and more.
- Varied and challenging patient base.
- Jump right in and see patients immediately.
Opportunity and Area Highlights:
- Rewarding long term personal relationships with patients who appreciate their physicians
- Physician commitment to caring for the community. We are the regional medical center for a geographic area as large as many eastern states.
- Incredible outdoor area with world-class recreation, excitement, and relaxation
- Wonderful communities with sophisticated amenities uncommon to such rural areas
This practice is located in Eureka, California, minutes from Pacific Ocean beaches and also redwood forests that boast the tallest trees in the world.
Rivers, lakes, fishing, kayaking, surfing, cycling, hiking, backpacking, . . . the outdoor opportunities here are phenomenal.
This is a wonderful place to live, raise a family, and have a rewarding medical practice. Let me know what you think and we can start a conversation about why Humboldt might be perfect for you!
Call, email, apply for more information!
Lonely Planet, the largest travel guide book publisher in the world, named our coastal redwood forests as the #1 destination in the US for 2018.
We are minutes from pristine Pacific Ocean beaches and surrounded by ancient redwoods that are the tallest trees in the world. In 2017, Eureka was awarded a California Cultural Site designation for its history and commitment to the arts and local culture. Humboldt has previously been recognized by Outdoor Magazine, National Geographic, Backpacker Magazine, USDA Most Scenic Rural County, and by Men’s Journal (as one of the top seven places to “buy land in paradise”).
Numerous area schools have received state and federal awards, and Humboldt State University—on 144 acres tucked into an old growth redwood grove with views of Humboldt Bay—has nearly 50 undergrad degrees, about a dozen graduate degrees, and one of the most impressive undergrad marine research departments in the country.
We are rural—about five hours drive north of San Francisco—but we have sophisticated cultural and social amenities, a thriving locavore tradition, and our local regional airport has daily direct flights to and from San Francisco and Los Angeles.
St. Joseph Health Medical Group is a foundation model multi-specialty group offering physician employed positions. We have over 100 providers in Humboldt County committed to providing compassionate, quality care for the entire family, through every stage of life.
St. Joseph Hospital Eureka is a 138-bed full-service acute care facility that offers a broad range of services includ-ing cardiac surgery, a Level III Trauma and PCI (Chest Pain) Center, and many more services.
Redwood Memorial Hospital in Fortuna is a 25 bed high functioning critical access hospital with a 24/7 ED, a hos-pitalist program, orthopedic and surgery center, primary care and a growing obstetrical service. The hospital itself is going through a major refurbishment with plans for a new ICU, expansion of the OR, and a brand new Acute Rehabilitation Unit addition slated for 2019.