Surgicalist - California North Coast
General Surgery - Surgicalist Opening
Stunning natural outdoor beauty and excitement. Culture, music, arts, sports, and community. Tallest trees in the world. Stunning Pacific Ocean beaches. Surfing, fishing, kayaking. Cycling, backpacking, sailing. Incredible medical community and resources.
- 20-24 weeks per year
- Trauma and acute
Why practice medicine in Humboldt County, California?
- Rewarding relationships with patients who appreciate their physicians
- Manageable practice environments to support quality care
- Backup of many highly regarded specialists locally who appreciate their colleagues
- Physician commitment to caring for our community. We are the regional medical center for a geographic area larger than some eastern states
Glimpse of the Area:
- Humboldt area--Eureka, Fortuna, Arcata--is the 5 hours north of San Francisco, minutes from Pacific Ocean beaches and nestled in the majestic redwood forests-home to the tallest trees in the world.
- Outdoor activities are abundant in Humboldt: hiking, backpacking, camping, kayaking, world class fishing, incredible surfing, cycling, paddle boarding, sailing, rock climbing . . .
- Backpacker magazine has named the region--Arcata, Eureka, Fortuna--as one of "The Best Cities to Raise an Outdoor Kid."
- National Geographic Traveler has selected Redwood National Park as one of the top 50 world destinations--one of only 5 U.S. places honored.
- The World Wildlife Fund named Humboldt County as part of the one of the most diverse ecoregions left on the planet.
We are rural, but nearby Eureka is the largest city on the coast between San Francisco and Portland, Oregon. Our cultural and social amenities are a bit cosmopolitan.
We have a vibrant theater and arts scene, a thriving locavore tradition, and cultural and social opportunities supported by Humboldt State University and the College of the Redwoods.
This is a spectacular place to call home, raise a family, and to practice medicine.
Practicing medicine in any of the vibrant and wonderful communities on California's North Coast offers:
- Rewarding long term personal relationships with patients who appreciate their physicians
- Manageable practice environments that support quality care
- Positive, supportive, and respectful professional relationships with colleagues, hospitals, and the health care community
- Large and challenging patient base that offers interesting medicine and successful practices. We are the regional medical center for a geographic area larger than some eastern states.
Although Humboldt County is rural, we have amenities that are a bit more cosmopolitan. Supported by Humboldt State University and the College of the Redwoods, the area is rich with culture, nightlife, restaurants, and social activities.
Practicing medicine in Humboldt County offers a uniquely wonderful quality of life.