Nurse Practitioner (APRN) - Trauma
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Full Time: 40 hours – (3- 13.5hrs shifts)
Weekend/ Nights/ Holiday rotation required. (Differentials offered.)
The Trauma Service is committed to creating an innovative patient centered delivery system that continuously improves quality care. The Advanced Practice (AP) providers are part of a multidisciplinary team that plans and delivers care for trauma patients from the clinic, to emergency room, operating room, surgical floors, and critical care units. The AP works in collaboration with the attending trauma physician, trauma fellows, medical residents, Advance Practitioners and consultants.
Responsibilities include managing multiple patients with varied injuries and illness. The AP will perform comprehensive physical assessments; interpret diagnostic results, complete daily progress notes, provide patient/family education. Extensive training and supervision is provided to Nurse Practitioners / Physician Assistants for skills including but not limited to management and resuscitation of level 1-trauma patients, operating room skills, chest tubes, and central line.
Hartford Healthcare - The Office of Advanced Practice
Hartford Healthcare employs more than 300 Advanced Practitioners at the Hartford Hospital campus, and has developed the Office of Advanced Practice (OAP), one of the first nationally, to provide:
- Operational support to inpatient and outpatient practice settings
- A resource for Advance Practitioners practice including compliance, scope of practice, staffing/utilization, and regulatory issues.
- Advanced Practice professional practice development
- A comprehensive and competitive compensation structure
- Continuing education opportunities
- Credentialing and privileging support
Engagement with academic Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant programs to form partnerships and facilitate improved clinical education rotations
Hartford Hospital is the major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Connecticut Medical School, serving the New England region. Our reputation for providing complex and innovative care to those in need is built on the foundation of excellence in patient care, teaching and research. Our quality programs have continually been recognized for excellence by the Federal Government, US News and World Reports, Solucient, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and the National Cancer Institute. We maintain the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region, and operate the state’s only air ambulance system Life Star.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy:
Hartford HealthCare doesn’t just take great care of its patients. It takes great care of its employees too. Our benefits include, competitive salaries, generous paid time, off medical and dental plans and tuition reimbursement
Enjoy exceptional benefits from a system known for exceptional care
Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|