Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 227-bed, community, faith-based, not-for-profit hospital
- Established team of 22 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call; no procedures
- Hospitalists do not run codes
- Co-managed ICU with intensivists – hospitalists round in afternoon after Intensivist in the morning
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Awards and Recognitions
- Hospital of Clinical Excellence within 2018’s Top 50 Nationwide Hospitals by Health grades
- Top Rated by US News & World Reports
- Magnet-designated for Nursing Excellence
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
If you're from Mechanicsville, you already know this wonderful location is one of our nation's best-kept secrets! However, if you're not from the area, here is some very exciting information for you. One of our many unique attractions is the James River which boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands which is amazing for river and riverfront activities such as kayaking, fishing, biking, walking, and jogging. Other Mechanicsville attractions include outdoor concerts and festivals, a children’s museum, art galleries, golf courses, fun breweries, wine bars, tons of eclectic shopping and delicious, diverse, artistically designed restaurants.
Residing near Richmond is exciting! It's home to top colleges and universities and also home to top-notch public and private schools. The city offers trendy lofts and modern condos overlooking the river, as well as, beautiful homes with historic design and thoughtfully planned out subdivisions. Also, close by are relaxing, acres upon acres of scenic farmland. One very much appreciated benefits of our city is that we do not have the traffic congestion of other metropolitan cities so getting around is, refreshingly stress-free! And if you wanted to get away for the weekend, Richmond is an easy drive to the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains, fun in the sun at multiple beaches or loads to experience in Washington D.C or the Carolinas. Come see for yourself and get ready for a great time!