Join an interesting Pediatric practice that offers a stimulating case mix-not your typical "B&B" practice
At Astria Health, we are passionate about our work. Our providers specialize in a variety of fields and are committed to the well-being of their community. Some of our specialists are doing procedures no other hospitals in our area are doing! With 3 local hospitals, 14 primary care & walk-in clinics, 24 specialty clinics, and over 100 employed providers; we are carrying out our vision to build sustainable healthcare organizations that deliver comprehensive quality care to improve health in the communities we serve.
Astria Health, headquartered in the heart of Yakima Valley WA, is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital, Astria Toppenish Hospital, and Astria Regional Medical Center in Yakima.
We are a privately and locally owned health system that brought together 3 local hospitals that have strong connections to our communities. In doing so, we are truly caring out our mission through:
- New or expanded patient care services
- Access to care
- New physician services
- New technologies
- Attracting and retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
Wanting something more than a "B&B" Pediatric practice?
We are in need of a BC/BE Pediatrician to join another Pediatrician and mid-level in an established practice to replace a retiring Pediatrician.
Practice highlights include:
- Excellent compensation package including extremely generous base salary with production incentives along with traditional employed benefit packages including hiring/commencement bonuses and relocation allowances, CME allowances, residency stipends, malpractice, health benefits, vacation, retirement and much more!
- A stimulating and interesting practice with availability of subspecialty pediatric consultations and care co-managed with specialists in Seattle and Spokane.
- Because of our excellent relationship with these specialists, we are able to co-manage patients with complex medical problems right here in our home town without having the patient and family leave the area for specialized care!
- Variety of cases –not a general “B & B” pediatric practice. Mainly outpatient practice but while on call must be comfortable with inpatient/rounding and attending deliveries at 1 hospital.
- Low call volume shared with other pediatricians in the community.
- Inviting and warm culture with supportive administration, providers, and staff.
- Close knit community that embraces their providers.
- Bilingual in Spanish would be great! –but not required.
- Immediate service area encompasses close to 80,000. (Astria Health catchment area close to 300,000 residents)
- NHSC and WHLRP (WSAC) loan repayment approved site.
ASTRIA SUNNYSIDE HOSPITAL (ASH)
Our only Critical Access Hospital within our health system, offers services you typically wouldn’t see or expect in a smaller community. The hospital is located within the Yakima Valley and about 35/40 miles east of Yakima and 35/40 miles west of Tri Cities, WA. The 25-bed hospital is a CAH that operates a series of primary and specialty clinics. The hospital offers a 24 hour level IV ER dept., 7 bed ICU, 3 general OR and 1 dedicated for C-sections, a level I cardiac facility, a cancer center, a FBC, inpatient and ambulatory surgical center including neurological, orthopedic, general, plastic, vascular, ENT, and hospitalists. The hospital also offers HBOT, wound care, advanced imaging and diagnostics, and a comprehensive psychiatric program. ASH serves more than 80,000 residents of the lower Yakima Valley and takes pride in providing the absolute highest standard of care with excellent services. (Astria Health total service area encompasses close to 300,000 residents.)
What comes to mind when you think of WA? Seattle, Rain, Metropolitan, Cold and Cloudy? Central WA (Yakima Valley) is quite the opposite! Bet you’ll be surprised to find:
- A growing population and thriving economy (Yakima County over 250,000 with our catchment area close to 300,000 residents)
- Over 300 days of blissful sunshine with 4 distinct mild seasons
- Beautiful region located on the sunny-side of the state great for outdoor concerts, shopping, dining, and drive-up espresso stands!
- Every outdoor activity you can think of among some of the most beautiful scenery--rolling hills, vineyards, produce stacked in bins/fruit stands/farmers markets, rivers and lakes, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, skiing, with spectacular views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier while you drive up the valley!
- Calmer living-balance between life and work
- Growing agricultural center and one of the country's most important agricultural hubs
- World class wineries and microbreweries
- Highly rated private and public schools-some with great sports programs, music programs, and academic excellence-high graduating class/college bound. In recent years, several grads from schools in the Lower Valley of Yakima entered into Medical School.
- Arts/Sports/Entertainment-symphony, Seasons Performance Hall, concerts, ballet, sporting events, museums, Yakima Capital Theatre, local art gallery and much more!
- Low cost of living –some of the most reasonable housing cost in the PNW
- Medical DO school (PNWU)
- Family Medicine Residency program
- Short commute and virtually no traffic!
- We are within a 2 1/2-3 hours’ drive to the big 3--Seattle, Spokane, Portland
- Yakima and Pasco (Tri-Cities) airports