Hematology & Oncology
Thompson Oncology Group is a member of Covenant Health and is the medical oncology group for the Thompson Cancer Survival Center. The group is looking to add a hematologist/oncologist to the region’s leading cancer program based in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.
About this Opportunity
- Competitive base salary with generous sign-on and RVU bonus potential
- 4 day work week
- Excellent benefits package including generous CME allowance, paid malpractice insurance and flexible relocation assistance
- Progressive patient support programs such as disease-specific nurse navigators, genetic counseling, clinical research, cancer outreach services, regional patient housing, and nutrition and social services
- Disease-specific tumor conferences and multi-disciplinary clinics
- Supported by a referral base of over 190 employed Covenant Medical Group PCPs and specialists
- Hospitalists routinely admit patients
- Educational loan forgiveness available
- Fellowship trained, board certified oncology pharmacists
- Accredited by ACOS Commission on Cancer
- QOPI certified
Covenant Health has the region’s largest cancer fighting network, with more board certified oncologists, surgeons, cancer centers, and imaging centers close to where our patients call home. Thompson Cancer Survival Center is the foundation of our network, offering advanced treatment and technologies that no one else in our region provides, including Gamma Kniferadiation that targets head and neck tumors in a single treatment. Thompson was the first in our region to offer clinical trials for cancer more than 25 years ago, and continues to participate in progressive trials today. Thompson Oncology Group is also a member of the Thompson Cancer Network, making comprehensive cancer care available across our region. All Thompson Oncology Group practices are accredited by the American Society of Clinical Oncology, a certification which reflects our commitment to excellence and ongoing quality improvement. At Thompson Cancer Network, our physicians and employees use a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to fight cancer.
Covenant Health is the region’s top performing healthcare network. Headquartered in Knoxville, TN, we are a community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system comprised of nine acute-care hospitals, one behavioral health hospital, and the area’s fastest growing physician practice division. Our specialized services include the region’s largest cancer network and the renowned Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center, dedicated to helping those recover from debilitating strokes and traumatic brain injuries.
Our more than 10,000 employees, physicians, and volunteers are unified by one covenant: to put our patients first every day, to strive for excellence in everything we do, and to make Covenant Health the first and best choice in our region. This is how we care for more than one million patients and families every year, and one reason why Covenant Health is the only health system in East Tennessee to be on Becker’s 2018 list of “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” and named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers, three years in a row. We invite you to learn more about Covenant Health, the region’s top performing healthcare network, and explore physician opportunities throughout the region we serve.
Covenant Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.