Pulmonology/Critical Care, Gulf Coast, MS
Outstanding opportunity for pulmonary critical care on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This is a well-established group which is hospital employed. Coverage is provided to two hospitals within the system.
This group runs the only pulmonary hypertension center on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Advanced bronchoscopy, including EBUS, radial EBUS, and Navigational bronchoscopy is available. Additional pulmonary interventions provided by thoracic surgeon.
An active lung cancer screening program is operational in the system.
An ASSM accredited sleep center with 6 beds is run by three sleep board certified physicians.
Intensivist coverage provided for 24 bed multidisciplinary ICU. Physician extenders are also part of the group and assist in the ICU and clinics. J-1 waiver available.
Suitable candidates can expect the following:
- Competitive incentive package with a guaranteed base plus performance and production bonuses, relocation assistance or sign-on bonus, and student loan assistance
- Annual CME allowance
- Annual pledge towards licensure and fees
- Malpractice coverage provided by Singing River Health System
- Paid Time Off per Human Resources policy and procedure
- Benefit Package per Human Resources Employment Policy including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, etc.
Jackson County is a coastal community that is the perfect place to work, live and raise a family. With a small town values, excellent schools, community events and recreational activities. This area is great for outdoorsman with beaches, boating, fishing and hunting. We offer a small town atmosphere but are nestled in between two larger cities, New Orleans, Louisiana and Mobile, Alabama. Both are just about an hour away and have big city amenities.
Singing River Health System is both a mission-driven provider of health services and one of the largest employers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Every day our dedicated team of caregivers makes an impact on the lives of almost everyone in our community, often in more ways than one.
Singing River Health System is comprised of two hospitals – Pascagoula Hospital and Ocean Springs Hospital – plus community medical clinics throughout the area. Singing River Health System provides:
- 24-hour emergency services
- Heart and vascular services
- Cancer care
- Women’s and Children’s services
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services
- State-of-the-art neuroscience centers
- Behavioral health services
- Wound care and a hyperbaric medicine center
- Hospice care
- A community owned, not-for-profit health system
- Second largest employer in Jackson County with more than 2,500 employees, physicians, staff and volunteers
- Economic impact exceeding $270 million per year
- One of the largest emergency departments in the state, caring for more than 100,000 patients per year
- Home to award winning Blue Distinction® Centers of Excellence in spine and joint surgery
We provide critical health services, numerous community outreach programs and charitable services and educational programs. We strengthen the local economy by recruiting over 300 of the very best physicians and other professionals to our community while providing good jobs, wages, and benefits to more than 2,500 employees and their families.
Through this dedication, we help improve the health of the community while making it a better place to live and work. We are honored to be the caregiver of choice.