Staff Physician, Executive Health Program
Cleveland Clinic Canada is seeking an exceptional physician committed to clinical and academic excellence to join our patient-centred Executive Health Team. Our team focuses on preventing disease and enhancing overall health. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the staff physician will work alongside wellness experts, providing evidence-based medical solutions to help patients gain control of their health. The physician is provided with excellent clinical and administrative support, as well as the luxury of time to spend with each patient, allowing them to engage in high quality interactions.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Medical Degree and active Canadian Medical License
- A Master’s level degree is considered an asset.
- If applicant is a family physician - holds a valid certificate from the College of Family Physicians of Canada or proof that the applicant is fully recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario in family or general practice.
- If applicant is a specialist - holds a valid certificate issued by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario or holds a valid specialist certificate issues by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario based on having an advanced position/assessment position through Centre for the Evaluation of Health Professional Educated Abroad in a recognized medical or surgical specialty other than family or general practice, or holds a specialist certificate of registration issued on the order of the Registration Committee of the CPSO allowing the physician to practice in a recognized medical or surgical specialty, other than family or general practice, where the requirements of registration are otherwise not met, and to which certificate terms, conditions, or limitations may be attached.
- Current CMPA certificate/membership.
- ACLS Certification.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills.
- Must be patient focused and committed to our mandate of putting “Patients First” - providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients.
- Strong personal ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrated commitment to Cleveland Clinic Canada’s mission, vision and values.
Required Length and Type of Experience
- At least 10 years of proven experience with internal and/ or family medicine practice, with an interest in preventive medicine.
- Experience and an understanding of the cultural context of executive health care would be positively viewed.
- Previous involvement as a Privacy Officer or in Privacy training would be an asset.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sees patients within the Executive Health Program, with a commitment to Cleveland Clinic Canada’s evidence based approach.
- Communicates with other health care providers and families related to diagnosis and treatment for the patient.
- Maintains current and complete documentation in the electronic medical record system.
- Participates in scheduled clinical rounds, and clinic meetings as required.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations set by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
- Supports the goals and objective of the organization.
- Adheres to Cleveland Clinic Canada’s policies and procedures.
- Provides supervision and training to other health care providers from a variety of disciplines within the clinic as requested.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives and advances a culture of client/patient safety through work and daily practices.
- Other physician related duties.
CCHS ORGANIZATION-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS:
All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behaviour, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
Adaptability includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
Managerial Responsibilities includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
As a global, academic medical centre, Cleveland Clinic has provided world class patient care to people from around the world since 1921. Our ongoing commitment to innovation and research has led to many incredible medical firsts including the first coronary artery bypass. These extraordinary credentials along with our passion for our patients have generated global recognition and demand for our model of care. Cleveland Clinic Canada, the Canadian location of the Cleveland Clinic, opened in 2006 and is located in downtown Toronto. Our multi-disciplinary team of clinicians provides a variety of medical and wellness services that help prevent disease and improve overall quality of life. To learn more visit www.clevelandclinic.ca.