Cardiothoracic Surgeon Opportunity-Beautiful 4-Season Resort Community-Northern Lower MI
Munson Medical Center has an excellent opportunity for a BE/BC Cardiothoracic Surgeon, ideally a few years out of training. Our state-of-the-art, Level II Trauma center serves the entire northern Michigan region and is located in Traverse City, MI, a four-season paradise.
- Practice with 4 cardiothoracic surgeons and 8 APPs
- 1:5 call
- Enjoy a busy, growing and quality focused practice encapsulating a broad spectrum of adult cardiothoracic surgery including advanced valve repair, robotic and minimally invasive surgery, VAT lobectomy, and esophagectomy
- Expertise or keen interest in structural heart, endografts, and valve repair welcome
- Obtaining additional skills in newer procedures is supported by surgeons and hospital
- Competitive compensation package including signing bonus and relocation
- Be fully integrated into the group from the outset with an early path to partnership, receiving a proportionate number of cases
- Approximately 770 cardiac operations, 200 general thoracic operations, and 81 TAVRs per year
- Certification by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery required
If you are seeking a rewarding position with a nationally recognized heart team, in a highly desirable, safe, family-friendly community with big city arts, culture and foodie scenes - this is the opportunity for you!
About the Hospital: Munson Medical Center
Munson Medical Center – The regional referral center for all of northern Michigan- has earned a national reputation for top quality care. The 442-bed hospital offers the only verified Level II Trauma Center and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Michigan’s northern lower peninsula, nationally recognized cardiac care provided at the Webber Heart Center, advanced oncology services in the leading edge Cowell Family Cancer Center, a Primary Stroke Center, heart and cancer research programs and a stellar orthopaedics program.
About the Community: Traverse City
Whether you choose to live near the action in downtown Traverse City, in a lakefront dwelling on the gorgeous Leelanau or Old Mission Peninsulas, or somewhere in between, the Grand Traverse Region affords its residents with a diverse scope of living options, ranging from modest to upscale. Families can choose among award-winning, nationally recognized schools focused on college prep, career-tech, the fine arts, and more. A truly wonderful place for both families and single professionals, the Grand Traverse Region offers seemingly endless possibilities for a fulfilling life thanks to a vibrant local wine, craft beer, and restaurant scene, fun-filled year-round festivals and events, sailing, golf, skiing, fishing, and miles of pristine freshwater shoreline.