Psychiatrist, Hospital employed - Excellent work- life balance.
We are seeking an outstanding BC/BE Psychiatrist in Northern New York State. This is a Full-time Hospital employed position.
- Salary: $300,000.00
- Productivity incentives (based on RVU’s) (In addition to base salary)
- Relocation: Up to $15,000.00
- Signing Bonus: $25,000.00
- Medical Liability Insurance- paid by the hospital
- Professional Dues: $2,000.00/year
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 30 days benefit time paid annually
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Outpatient only
- Adolescent/Adult general Psychiatry for individuals facing mental, emotional, and substance abuse problems.
- Provide Clinical supervision of mid-levels providers, psychiatric advanced practice nurses and other staff as appropriate.
- Operate as the Medical Director of the outpatient substance abuse Clinic.
- Expertise in medication-assisted treatment and addictions experience through the prescription of Suboxone or Vivitrol for opioid and/or alcohol dependency
- Consult with primary care providers to assist with ongoing management of behavioral health needs of their patients
The St. Lawrence Health System (SLHS) was formed in 2013 to improve health, elevate the standard of care, enhance the patient experience, and gain efficiencies through collaboration.
SLHS is the parent organization for two not-for-profit hospitals, a captive medical practice, and a foundation:
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital (CPH), a 94-bed general, acute-care community hospital
- Gouverneur Hospital (GH), a 25-bed critical access hospital
- Canton-Potsdam Medical Practice (CPMP)
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital Foundation
Emergency Department Visits 36,000
Outpatient Visits 260,000
Medical Staff 180
Employees (largest county employer) 1,400
- Primary care clinics (Brasher Falls, Canton, Gouverneur, Norfolk, and Potsdam)
- Specialty care clinics (Canton, Gouverneur, Massena, and Potsdam)
- After-hours clinic (Canton)
- Urgent care clinic (Potsdam)
- Outpatient behavior health
- 24/7 hospitalist program
- Chemical dependency rehabilitation and outpatient care
- Sleep therapy, respiratory therapy, echocardiography, telemedicine, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Outpatient physical rehabilitation offered in Brasher Falls, Canton, and Potsdam
- Speech and occupational therapies
- Outpatient laboratory and imaging services offered in Potsdam and Canton
- The Center for Cancer Care has a door-less radiation treatment design, a linear accelerator with IMRT, and infusion area
- Acute, inpatient care
- Critical care
- Distinct Observation Unit
- In-patient and ambulatory surgery
- Emergency services
- Adult, Level III trauma care
Our diverse, talented, and growing medical staff includes specialists in: allergy and immunology, addiction medicine, anesthesiology, behavioral health, cardiology, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, emergency medicine, endocrinology, family practice, gastroenterology, general surgery, infectious diseases, inpatient care, internal medicine, neurology, medical and radiation oncology, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, optometry, oral surgery, orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, otolaryngology, pain management, pathology, physiatry, pediatrics, podiatry, psychiatry, pulmonology, rheumatology, trauma surgery, urogynecology, and urology.
To learn more about the medical staff at CPH, visit www.cphospital.org/search//providers.
To learn more about the medical staff at GH, visit www.gvnrhospital.org/our-providers.
Syracuse (142 miles southwest of Potsdam, 107 miles southwest of Gouverneur)
Burlington (117 miles east of Potsdam, 150 miles east of Gouverneur)
Guided by strategic, medical staff, and master facilities plans, SLHS hospitals have achieved incredible success when so many other small and rural hospitals struggle to survive. Resulting, consistent financial surpluses have funded a series of new construction and renovation projects designed to accommodate our growth in providers and patients and to upgrade existing facilities.
Potsdam and Canton are College communities, located 11 miles apart with two colleges in each town.
- You’ll have almost zero commute time
- Very affordable housing. The average price is under $200,000.00
- We are home to one of the best public school systems in the nation in a safe environment.
If you love the outdoors, you’ll find some of the most sought-after skiing, hiking, fishing, kayaking, and mountain biking in the state right at your doorstep.
If you enjoy a more cosmopolitan atmosphere, Ottawa and Montreal are less than 2 hours away
Physician Recruitment and Retention
Canton Potsdam Hospital
50 Leroy St. Potsdam, NY 13676
Please take a moment to visit us on line at https://www.cphospital.org/practice-here