Founded in 1910, Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services is a long-standing and successful non-profit organization and is one of the largest free-standing behavioral health providers within the U.S.
Pine Rest looking for a highly qualified Staff Psychiatrist interested in joining a medical staff of over 80 collegial psychiatrists to lead outpatient psychiatric services for adult or child and adolescent patients in our Pella, IA Clinic.
Duties may include
- Clinical admission evaluations, subsequent cares, and discharges from the hospital unit with corresponding and timely documentation
- Court hearings
- Supervision of Advanced Practice Professionals (if mutually agreed upon)
- Consultation liaison services to medical floors as assigned;
- Strong citizenship as a Staff Psychiatrist within the Pine Rest system (including mission acceptance, department meetings, clinical medical staff meetings, medical staff committee meetings, and adherence to all applicable bylaws and State of Michigan medical licensing regulations).
Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services’ outpatient clinic in Pella provides behavioral health services including psychiatric treatment, psychological testing, counseling and therapy for children, adolescents, adults and older adults within the context of our mission. The Pella clinic is part of the larger Pine Rest organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Psychiatric services and medication management
- Counseling and therapy for individuals, couples and families covering most behavioral health concerns
- Group therapy and support groups
- Psychological testing
- Premarital assessment and counseling
- Referral to other treatment or programs including inpatient and partial hospitalization
Pine Rest offers countless career opportunities due to its size, scope of services and specialty programs offered in addition to its strong focus on research and education. Pine Rest also has its own Psychiatry Residency Program, Child and Adolescent Fellowship, along with Addiction and Geriatric Fellowships!
- Network of over 80 psychiatrists, 123 psychologists, 238 LMSWs, 34 Advanced Practice Professionals, plus 12 chaplains
- Department of Psychiatry West for Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine with faculty appointment
- Psychiatry Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Manage 200 licensed beds through 8 specialty units
- Outpatient clinic network of 17 clinics
- Residential and community programs
- Over 250,000 patient visits per year
- Creative work schedule including full and part time positions
- Pine Rest is an equal opportunity employer.