Outpatient Internal Medicine Opportunity
Avera Medical Group McGreevy Internal Medicine is seeking a BE/BC internal medicine physician to join a group of 3 physicians.
- Outpatient only
- 3 board certified internal medicine trained physicians
- Opportunity to teach residents and medical students
- Total EMR forlongitudinal care
- Strong support of sub-specialists to complement the team approach to patient care
- Avera eCARE model for extending access to specialist via technology: eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, eSenior Care, eAccess and eTransfer/eHospitalist
- Annual salary guarantee
- Generous benefit package, including education loan assistance
- Avera Medical Group McGreevy Internal Medicine is adjacent to Avera McKennan Hospital in Sioux Falls, SD
- The Avera Medical Group McGreevy is a part of Avera Health, the region’s largest and strongest health care network with the employment of over 950 physicians.
- Avera McKennan Hospital is a 545-bed tertiary care center, recognized for excellence in areas such as stroke and heart care, cancer treatment, emergency and trauma, critical care, neurosciences, bone marrow, kidney and pancreas transplant programs, medical research and teaching programs.
- Avera McKennan Hospital is one of the nation’s TOP 15 hospitals, earning national awards in patient care, technology, quality initiatives and nursing staff.
- For more information our website is: www.avera.org
Avera Medical Group - McGreevy clinic was founded in 1968 and merged with Avera McKennan Hospital in January 2006. The main clinic is located on the campus of Avera McKennan Hospital and four satellite clinics support the surrounding area. There are 60 physicians practicing at the five Avera Medical Group - McGreevy Clinics Avera sites: 32 Family Practitioners, 6 Internists, 9 Hospitalists, 4 OBGYN, 6 Pediatricians, and 3 General Surgeons and 8 mid-levels. The physicians are employed by Avera McKennan Hospital and receive a very generous benefit package.
AVERA MCKENNAN HOSPITAL & UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTER
Avera McKennan Hospital is a member of Avera Health, a regional family of more than 230 healthcare facilities in the five-state region. With over 12,000 employees, Avera Health serves over half a million individuals each year at facilities known for medical excellence, technological innovation, and a commitment to meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of all patients.
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center is a 506-bed, non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health System and surrounding five-state area. Our Careflight helicopter and fixed wing aircraft transport patients from a service area with a population of 800,000 to our Level II Trauma Center. With over 600 physicians on staff in all specialties and 4000 employees, the hospital offers a full range of services including the region’s only transplant programs for kidney, pancreas and bone marrow. Avera McKennan is a designated Magnet Hospital and a Healthgrades Distinguished Clinical Hospital.
Sioux Falls is South Dakota’s largest city and the county seat of Minnehaha County. It serves as a healthcare, governmental, law enforcement and financial hub for the area. With a population of 200,000, the city has been judged by Money Magazine as the “best place to live in America” for its quality of life, including its low crime rate, high-quality education, clean air and water, lack of traffic congestion, and friendly residents.
Sioux Falls offers a diverse blend of manufacturing; banking and financial industries, medical services, transportation, communications, and wholesale/retail trade for service and business opportunities. Because South Dakota has no corporate income tax,
NO STATE INCOME TAX, and no business inventory tax, over 2,500 new jobs have been created each year as a result of the influx of new businesses and expansions of existing businesses.
The city is a great place to raise a family. The public school system offers an array of educational opportunities, with 22 elementary schools, five middle schools, and four senior high schools. There are also 13 private schools affiliated with various religious and private organizations. The post-secondary opportunities include five colleges, nearby state universities (including the University of South Dakota Medical School), and a number of business and vocational schools.
Recreational activities abound in Sioux Falls, thanks to the city’s system of 80 parks, many of which are based on the Big Sioux River Greenway that provides 16 miles of bike trails that circle the city. Amenities in the parks include picnic areas, playgrounds, flower gardens, a Japanese Garden, fishing areas, sports fields, tennis courts, and swimming pools. Soccer and hockey are especially popular and are played on 29 soccer fields, nine skating rinks, and two hockey rinks. Also a regional sporting hub, Sioux Falls is host to the professional CBA basketball team, Skyforce, the Northern League baseball team, Canaries, and a US Hockey League team, Stampede.
The arts are prominent in Sioux Falls as well. An exciting addition to the arts scene is the $32 million Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science, a community cultural and educational center providing entertainment options to residents and visitors alike. The Pavilion features a performing arts center, a domed Omni theater, a hands-on science museum, and an expanded display area for the Civic Fine Arts Center. The Sioux Falls Symphony Orchestra and the Community Concert Association perform in the Pavilion several times a year; other performing arts groups include the Friends of Traditional Music and the Sioux Falls Community Playhouse.
Shopping in Sioux Falls ranges from the convenience of the Empire Mall with 180 stores to the warmth of quaint shopping centers. There are over 230 restaurants, ranging from fast food to exquisite fine dining rooms with elegant service.