Henry Ford Health System's Department of Academic Internal Medicine, is seeking a board eligible/certified Internist- to serve as a core faculty clinician-educator for its large urban residency and patient population.
Our dual mission is to advance the health and well-being of our community and to educate tomorrow’s healthcare leaders via direct patient care, clinical training programs, research, and quality improvement. We help patients and their families maintain health, manage chronic diseases, and live with complex conditions. Both the inpatient floors and the faculty clinic operate in collaborative team-based models. The Academic Patient Centered Team Care (A-PCTC) clinic is an innovative Detroit-based patient-centered medical home for medically and socially complex adult patients and families. Outpatient teams are supported by integrated health psychologists, nurse-driven chronic disease management protocols, nurse case manager, social worker, pharmacists, community health worker, and diabetes educators. Inpatient teams are supported by integrated pharmacists, nurse case managers and social workers.
This position will directly care for high-acuity patients in the faculty inpatient and outpatient practice. Supervise the care provided to patients by housestaff and medical students. Mentor residents in evidence-based medical care, quality improvement, and academic scholarship. Work within the Health System and with other Departments to further the effective management of ambulatory and hospitalized patients. Opportunities for career development as a clinician-educator.
1. Work with institutional staff and administration to attain the strategic objectives, including patient safety, patient and other customer satisfaction, maintenance and enhancement of public perception, and fiscal health.
2. Provide direct clinical care to ambulatory and hospitalized patients including supervision of housestaff and medical students. Participate in limited on-call duties, shared among the outpatient clinic providers. Comply in a timely manner with all institutional policies for professional work, including credentialing, documentation, and billing. Work effectively with other members of the extended inter-professional team.
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. We also have plans for future growth including a new Cancer Center in Detroit.
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our physicians and employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide quality care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
With more than 30,000 employees, Henry Ford Health System is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, and amongst the most diverse. Generating more than $1.7 billion of annual economic stimulus, it proudly acts as one of Michigan's anchor institutions.
• Board Certified/Eligible in Internal Medicine
• Direct experience managing a variety of conditions and promoting general wellness in the adult population
• Experience in teaching and growth in an academic setting.
• Interest in furthering the academic mission of the Division.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective communication, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member.