Neurologist opening in Laredo, TX – Great opportunity in a beautiful new facility
Laredo Medical Center is seeking an experienced BC/BE neurologist to join the community.
- 5+ years of experience preferred
- Outpatient and inpatient
- 2 other neurologists in the community
- No visa support available
- Spanish is a plus
Laredo, TX is located on the north bank of the Rio Grande River on the border of Mexico and the United States.
- Population of around 275,000
- Home to Texas A&M International University and Laredo Community College
- Multiple historical districts, many on the National Register of Historic Places
- Home to the Tecolotes Dos Laredos, the Triple-A minor league team for the Mexican League that plays home games in both Mexico and in Laredo
- Many family friendly pools and parks
We offer an excellent recruitment package that may include:
- Commencement bonus
- Potential medical education debt assistance
- Relocation, marketing and CME allowances
- Texas does not have a personal state income tax!
Laredo Medical Center (LMC) is a state-of-the-art, 326-bed acute care facility serving fast-growing Laredo (population 200,000) and the surrounding area. Laredo Medical Center, which is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) and has been serving the healthcare needs of its community for more than 110 years, is an integrated delivery system featuring a wide array of sophisticated medical care in an attractive, welcoming environment. LMC is the area's only heart hospital, offering complete diagnostic and interventional cardiology services. Its cardiology unit includes two open heart operating rooms, a recently upgraded cardiac cath lab (with a second scheduled to open mid-2007), and inpatient cardiac rehabilitation services. LMC is the area's only accredited Chest Pain Center. The Sanchez Cancer Center, the Family Birth Center, and the Sleep and Seizure Disorder Center are other centers of excellence at the 650,000-square-foot complex, which is located on a 50-acre campus near downtown Laredo. The facility includes two medical office buildings.
- Laredo Medical Center offers:
- Inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services for our regional delivery area from birth through the senior years.
- A one-stop health care facility, designed with the kind of convenience that allows you to coordinate tests and physician appointments for the same visit.
- 24/7 emergency and trauma care Cardiac services, including: heart catheterization, balloon angioplasty, open-heart surgery, and heart valve replacement.
Laredo is located on the north bank of the historical Rio Grande River (or Rio Bravo, as it is known in Mexico). The community boasts an outstanding school system, the Laredo Independent School District, an educational partner with the City of Laredo and the larger global community, with focus on developing and educating students by providing a relevant and challenging curriculum through innovative programs.
The town has experienced continuous growth over the years. Between 1960 and 1990 Laredo's population has more than doubled. This is attributed to Laredo's growing importance as a manufacturing and trading center on the Texas-Mexico border, which has drawn increasing numbers of people from the surrounding region.