Physician - Cardiology (Echocardiography Laboratory Director)
University of Minnesota Physicians is seeking an Advanced Imaging Cardiologist for the role of Echocardiography Laboratory Director at the Associate Professor or Professor level for an 80% clinical, 20% academic emphasis. This faculty member will lead and support one of the region’s largest and most progressive imaging labs. The ideal candidate will expand and support the robust growth of the imaging program to meet the needs of the structural heart, transplant, mechanical circulatory support, pulmonary hypertension, and adult congenital heart disease programs. Additional consideration will be given to those who have advanced imaging skills including CT, Nuclear and MR. Our skilled and dedicated physicians have established clinical programs and conducted research that have kept the University of Minnesota at the forefront of clinical and technical advancements in cardiology for decades, benefiting many patients in Minnesota and beyond.
- Join a multidisciplinary team of 30+ Cardiologist; five Cardiovascular Imaging physicians
- 80% Clinical role with 20% protected research time
- Call Frequency: Shared equally among the physicians who participate in our Cards I- General Cardiology call.
- Our faculty plays an active role in teaching and mentoring fellows.
- Enjoy strong primary care referral base.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (EPIC).
- Competitive compensation commensurate with community standards
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA cardiology and interventional cardiology fellow training program.
- BC/BE with the ABMS
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
M Health Clinic and Surgery Center, located on the University of Minnesota Health Campus opened in February of 2016. It’s unique design allows for greater collaboration among specialists and allows patients to be in a relaxed and inviting space for the ambulatory care.