Academic Inpatient Psychiatrist
Academic Inpatient Psychiatry
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University announces the search for an Academic Inpatient Psychiatrist.
- Provide inpatient psychiatric management of patients with severe mental illness.
- The physician will be in charge of a treatment team which involves behavioral health therapists, nurses, mental health workers and a social worker.
- The program philosophy is a patient centered recovery model that encourages patients to take an active role in their treatment.
- The teams work closely with community agencies to facilitate reintegration of patients back into their community.
- The attending will be responsible for completing an initial comprehensive admission workup, daily progress notes and the completion of a discharge summary.
- The EPIC electronic medical record system is used so all applicants should have typing skills.
The position requires a strong interest in teaching including bedside and didactic teaching and resident supervision. Every six weeks a medical student will be assigned to the treatment team and will be under the direction of the attending psychiatrist. On occasion residents will also be assigned either as administrative electives or to meet the basic requirements of their residency program for inpatient psychiatry. An interest in publishing or participating in research is preferred.
- Applicants should be an M.D. or D.O. with psychiatry board certification or board eligibility.
- Candidates who are board eligible will be expected to complete their boards in psychiatry within the first two years of hire.
- Rank and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a current curriculum vita using the following link: https://bit.ly/2xW7URV
Personal statements summarizing teaching experience, clinical and research interests, and contributions to diversity are encouraged.
Please address all applications to:
Dr. William Dubin, Chairperson, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, C/O Julie Brissett, Assistant Director, Physician Recruitment
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
3420 N. Broad Street, MRB 101, Philadelphia, PA, 19140
Phone: 215-707-5665 | Fax: 215-707-9452
The University is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching, and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Temple Health, one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, is home to more than 1,000 physicians and scientists who share the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients. Giving our patients access to some of the world's most advanced therapies — and helping them achieve outcomes once thought impossible — is the driving force for all our clinical care, research, and medical education.
Temple's nationally-renowned physicians now offer dozens of powerful new options for patients who, just a few years ago, were considered untreatable. Using sophisticated technologies and personalized treatments, Temple physicians are working to alter the course of serious disease. And in over a dozen research centers at Temple University School of Medicine and Fox Chase Cancer Center, our faculty are speeding the transformation of fundamental scientific discoveries into practical therapies that may one day dramatically improve human health.