CardioVascular Surgeon Needed in West Monroe, LA
Glenwood Regional Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Cardiovascular Surgeon for our accredited chest pain center in West Monroe, Louisiana. Must be Fellowship Trained. GRMC is where the community goes for their most acute cardiology and peripheral vascular needs.
- Earning potential well above MGMA 90%
- Outpatient clinic attached to the dedicated ICU floor / telemetry floor
- GRMC has both a hospitalist and intensivist team available
- Procedures will be both open heart & vascular surgery
- 9 cardiologists in the area refer to our CVS
- Midlevel Support
- EMR - Cerner
- Full Time - 1 day per week in Clinic; rest of time in CVICU
- Average 25 patients per day in Clinic; 40 surgeries per month; 206 hearts previous year
- Call 1:2
Accredited chest pain center offers the following under one roof, on one floor:
- Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab
- Cardiac Catherization
- Cardiac Surgical Suite
- Cardiovascular Telemetry Unit
- Cardiovascular Surgeons Clinic
- Dedicated Open Heart Room
- Hybrid Vascular Suite
- Dedicated Cardiac Anesthesiologist Team
Glenwood Regional Medical Center’s proud tradition of providing high-quality healthcare started more than fifty years ago. Over the years, the hospital has grown in size, adding new services and modern technology.
Glenwood is the only full-service hospital in West Monroe. Over the years Glenwood Regional Medical Center has been a leader in bringing the latest technological innovations to the residents of Ouachita Parish.
Glenwood has been nationally recognized for quality, especially in the area of cardiology. It also consistently scores high in patient satisfaction.
- Heart and Vascular Institute – Award-winning heart program including cardiac catheterization, cardiovascular surgery, 64-slice CT imaging, hybrid OR, cardiac rehabilitation, heart disease prevention
- Cancer Center – Offering IMRT/IMRS, a dedicated oncology nursing unit, stereotactic breast biopsy and brachytherapy services
- Emergency Medicine – Providing comprehensive emergency care, including a chest pain center for fast track treatment of heart attacks
- Diagnostic Imaging – Advanced diagnostic imaging technology, including 64-slice CT Scanner, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Digital Mammography and Ultrasound
- Rehabilitation Services located in The Medical Mall – Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services with cardiac and pulmonary programs
- Sleep Center – Nationally-accredited sleep medicine program
Why West Monroe?
There are many locally-owned restaurants and food trucks offering seafood, steak, Italian cuisine, pizza, burgers, Indian food and more. Additionally, many of these restaurants offer live music and entertainment. A local favorite is the Warehouse No. 1 Restaurant, which overlooks the Ouachita River and features a beautiful outdoor seating area for delicious seafood, steaks and cocktails.
Arts & Culture
Northeast Louisiana has always held arts and culture in high esteem. There are many music venues, galleries, and museums scattered throughout the city. Events and festivals are always on the calendar as West Monroe continues to expand and grow.
Masur Museum of Art
Visit the largest visual arts museum in Northeast Louisiana: the Masur Museum of Art. The museum features a diversity of art from artists such as Alex Katz, Salvador Dali, and others. The Masur provides fun and education, as well as an inspirational experience the entire family can appreciate.
Chennault Aviation and Military Museum
Chennault Aviation and Military Museum offers an extensive overview of the aviation and military history of Northeastern Louisiana. Featuring fascinating exhibits on military activity from World War I through Afghanistan and Iraq, Chennault provides extensive information about American military history.
Northeast Louisiana Ballet Companies
There are two ballet companies: the Louisiana Delta Ballet and the Twin City Ballet. These two companies provide holiday entertainment and impressive productions throughout the year. Young dancers who would like to learn from the very best are encouraged to take lessons offered by the dance companies.
Higher education is greatly valued in Monroe. Within 30 minutes of downtown you can find three well-known college universities, as well as one community college. The University of Louisiana at Monroe, which offers nine campuses in the state of Louisiana, Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University and Delta Community College are all close by.
Biedenharn Museum & Gardens
Joseph A Biedenharn was the first bottler of Coca-Cola. Additionally, Biedenharn and his son were among the founders of Delta Air Lines, which has strong early roots in Monroe. Today his gorgeous home and gardens are on display to the public at Biedenharn Museum & Garden. This fascinating place is full of exciting Coca-Cola memorabilia and lovely gardens you will want to see for yourself.
Louisiana Purchase Gardens & Zoo
The zoo has access to more than 80 acres of land with 400+ animals on display.
Landry Vineyards, a family-owned winery in West Monroe. Enjoy the tastes of Blackberry wine, Cabernet Sauvignon and more. There is always something fun happening at the vineyard with harvest festivals and tours available seasonally.
Black Bayou Lake National Wildlife Refuge
By preserving the natural habitat of countless animals, such as alligators, fish, turtles, deer, raccoons, foxes and more, this refuge is on a mission to teach others to appreciate wildlife at its finest. With trails for walking and hiking, as well as canoes available for rent, The best part is the breathtaking pier, where you will be surrounded by picturesque views of the lake.
Ouachita River Fishing
With the 600-mile Ouachita River running through the cities of Monroe and West Monroe, this town has become known as a paradise to outdoor-lovers and fisherman. From fall all the way through the winter months, many fisherman will come to the river and cast their nets. Bass Fishing Tournaments attract people from all over the U.S.
There are more than ten award-winning golf courses within the city. One of the top courses in the area is located at Black Bear Golf Club. This 18-hole, par-72 course has been ranked as the “Number One Public Course in Louisiana,” by Golfweek Magazine.
Steward Health Care, the largest private hospital operator in the United States, is a physician-led health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the communities where patients live.