Physician - Family Medicine
This opportunity is located in Longview, Washington at the PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center, 45 miles north of Portland and 120 miles south of Seattle. St. John offers dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services. If you are looking for a community that offers amazing outdoor recreation but enjoy quick access to big city amenities, then our rural practice could be a great place for you!
Experiencing Longview, WA:
- In 2012 Forbes Magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River, Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and many beautiful local parks.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Target, Macy’s, Home Depot, and a variety of grocery shopping options. Golf is also a popular sport in the local area, with the Longview Country Club, Mint Valley, and Three Rivers Golf Course.
- Our Providers are deeply integrated with the community and have a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Washington State has no income tax.
- The Cowlitz Indian Tribe, a federally recognized tribe, of Cowlitz people, is headquartered in Longview.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join a robust primary care team of close to 40 providers
- NCQA Level II Medical Home in a newly constructed clinic courtesy of the St. John Medical Center Foundation
- In-house Controlled Substance Management, Chronic Care Coordination Teams & Behavioral Health Support Services
- On site: Diabetic, Palliative Care Specialists, Digital X-ray, Phlebotomist, Social Worker, Dietitians & Clinical Pharmacist
- Provider preference Medical Assistant
- 20-22 patients per day along with two call pool options available
- 100% Outpatient depending on call pool options
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital Level III trauma center
- The service area for this community is over 100k
- Critical Care - Critical Care Unit received Beacon Award for Excellence, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Stroke Program - Recognized by the American Heart Association with a Bronze Achievement Award for patient care and outcomes
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC EMR
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement and relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
- Two excellent health coverage options, plus vision and dental
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Provider Recruiter [[recruiterName]].
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.