Palliative Care Physician Opportunity in Memphis
An opportunity to practice Palliative Care at a top-rated hospital system in Memphis, Tennessee metro area. Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation Service A Palliative physician in a hospital-based, consultative practice with the support of a Social Worker, as well as Clergy and Pharmacy Staff. The focus on improving the quality of life of patients and their families facing problems associated with life-threatening illness through assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psycho-social and spiritual.
The palliative care physicians aim to relieve suffering and improve the quality of life for patients — and their families — facing serious and life-limiting illness. While working with attending physicians and other hospital staff involved in your care,, the hospital's palliative care consultation services can help with: Managing pain and other symptoms of serious illness, such as nausea, vomiting, confusion, and shortness of breath. Developing treatment goals and making end-of-life decisions. Discharge planning and referrals to community agencies, including hospice.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Providing palliative care consultation services
- Consulting with the primary physician and the Interdisciplinary Team to establish a written plan of care
- Facilitating access to appropriate supportive care services.
- Partnering with Medical Director to provide continuing education to staff, residents, and other health care providers
- Assisting in quality and performance improvement activities.
A stable and secure hospital employed full-time permanent position offers a competitive base salary, incentives, full hospital benefits package, and relocation assistance.
Qualified candidate must be BC/BE in Hospice/Palliative Medicine with experience beyond board certification. TN Medical license in good standing is required. Superior organizational, communication and leadership skills will be expected. Prior experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team preferred.
Methodist University Hospital is the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Methodist Healthcare system. It is a 617-bed facility located in the heart of the Memphis Medical Center.
Some features of the hospital include:
Methodist Healthcare is an non-profit integrated health care delivery system, dedicated to the art of healing through our faith-based commitment to minister to the whole person.
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare and The University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) formally became affiliated in 2002
Opportunities exist for experienced providers seeking academic positions with clinical and teaching duties.
Boasting one of the South's largest medical centers, Memphis blends a friendly community, a thriving and growing downtown and a low cost of living. With many theaters, museums, parks, malls and sporting events, there's always something to do in Memphis. Good food, nice weather and great people make Memphis a wonderful place to live.
• Warm summers and mild winters
• Outdoor Activities year-round
• Jazz, blues and various culture abounds in this vibrant city
• International airport that is convenient and centrally located
• Museums, art galleries, multiples colleges, and a 1.2 million metro population