Clinical Nurse Specialist in Virginia
CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST
Department: NURSE STAFFING OFFICE
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Some Weekends
Leads, facilitates and manages day-to-day activities of Clinical Improvement activities related to nursing practice and process at Memorial Regional Medical Center and Richmond Community Hospital. Work function is targeted toward achieving quality, cost-effective evidenced based outcomes. Goals for targeted populations are attained through the synthesis of comparative clinical and aggregate data, development and application of standard indicators, and design and development of innovative programs. The Clinical Nurse Specialist applies knowledge of clinical performance improvement methods and business process redesign to achieve improved clinical and fiscal outcomes and growth.
- Masters’ prepared Registered Nurse required. Must be currently licensed as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in the State of Virginia or is eligible to initiate the application process
- 3-5 years of experience in application of performance improvement methods preferred.
- Clinical experience in healthcare research, data acquisition and statistical analysis preferred.
- Training in LEAN/Six Sigma process preferred. Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation program abilities preferred.
- Oral/written skills and previous work experience communicating complex theoretical and technical concepts to healthcare members, developing and presenting formal educational programs, and effective collaboration with other healthcare members required.
- Demonstrated group facilitation, problem solving, and analytical skills required.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with Medical and other professional staff required
Memorial Regional Medical Center serves residents of Richmond, Hanover and Henrico counties, and Virginia’s Northern Neck, providing compassionate health care of the highest quality. Memorial Regional and St. Mary’s are the only hospitals in Richmond to earn 2009 Magnet Recognition® status, awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing.
Fully accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO), we have been nationally recognized for clinical excellence and stroke care, and we are ranked among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the country for cardiac surgery and overall cardiac care.
Our world-class physicians are experts at treating a wide range of medical conditions, but we also believe in treating the whole person. Our Mission is to deliver compassionate, quality health care to every patient, every time.
Bon Secours Health Care System is a robust not-for-profit Catholic Health Care system with numerous locations spread throughout six states. Bon Secours, which means “good help” in French, lives through our hospitals, medical facilities, and care provided to our patients. Our system continues to be dedicated to providing compassionate quality healthcare to those in need and has been the passion of the Sisters of Bon Secours since 1824. While the ministry has evolved throughout the years, the values at the heart of Bon Secours remain the same. We believe patients heal better when they know their caregivers care. And we do.
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|