Huntsville Hospital is an 881 bed, State designated Level 1 Level Trauma Center which sees 2500+ trauma patients annually. Our Emergency Department occupies more than 63,000 square feet and has treatment space for approximately 100 patients. The department currently has six state-of-the-art trauma suites with capacity of treating three patients in each suite in the event of a mass disaster. All treatment rooms are “universal”. Patient tracking system and advanced cardiac monitoring systems are standard in every room. It is also the first ED in Alabama to offer Stat Scan technology for the most rapid diagnosis possible. We see about 80/20 blunt/penetrating Trauma cases. Current call schedule is 1:5. Our five surgeons consistently operate around the 90th percentile of RVUs for trauma/critical care work. They perform 2/3 trauma surgery and the other 1/3 elective/general surgery cases and also round in the ICU.
Huntsville Hospital is an 971- bed Level I Trauma Center and the regional referral center for all of North Alabama and Southern Tennessee with a catchment area of 1.25 million people. 165,000 annual ER visits, including a dedicated Pediatric ER at our Women's & Children's Hospital, physician support in over 65 medical specialties. The hospital has 24/7 in-house Hospitalist, Radiology, Cardiology, Trauma, Orthopedic and Neurosurgical Coverage.
- Alabama’s Only Top 50 Heart Hospital by Truven Health Analytics
- America’s 50 Best Cardiac Surgery Program by Healthgrades
- Top 50 Cardiovascular Programs by Truven Health Analytics
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award by Healthgrades
- Huntsville Hospital listed as Becker’s Top 150 Hospitals
- America's 100 Best Spine Surgery Programs by Healthgrades
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Huntsville Hospital is one of only seven Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksites in Alabama
Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama, and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move with rich values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community’s unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of almost 400K, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out. Hike our mountains and swim in our lakes!
- Area public schools have more national merit scholars per capita than any other in the country
- Technology, space and defense industry play a major role in Huntsville
- Huntsville/Madison County have more Doctorate degrees per capita than any other city in the nation
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Broadway Theater League, Huntsville Symphony Orchestra, US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville Botanical Garden, Huntsville Museum of Art, Constitution Hall Village, Early Works Children's Museum, Monte Sano State Park and Bridge Street Towne Center are just some of the main attractions
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor's highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy for 7th consecutive year
- Huntsville named one of the Top 10 Smartest Cities in the World by Forbes
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week