Hematology-Oncology Physician in Shreveport, LA
Ochsner Health System and Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport seek applicants in the Section of Hematology-Oncology. We are seeking three full-time physicians at the Assistant or the Associate Professor level with an interest in either Palliative Care, Hematology, Lung, Breast and/or GI oncology. Great potential for administrative advancement. Applicants must qualify for a Louisiana license. BE/BC necessary. Opportunities available now.
Applicants would be expected to participate in all faculty activities, including medical student, house staff and fellowship teaching responsibilities; conduct research and publish findings in journals and make presentations at medical conferences; M.D. or equivalent. Generous seed packages available as support towards new start up research programs. Faculty with Translational and/or Clinical Research interest is a plus. J1 waiver visa applicants are welcome.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Home to the only Level I Trauma center in the surrounding region, and one of only two in the state.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
- Tort reform state
Emphasizes teaching and provides vitally important leadership and guidance to medical students and residents
- allows the opportunity to do either lab or clinical research.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shreveport is located in the northwest corner of Louisiana, 15 miles from Texas, and 185 miles directly east of Dallas on Interstate 20. Shreveport and its sister city across the Red River (Bossier City) have a population of just over 250,000. City amenities include a full-time symphony orchestra, minor league sports, riverfront aquarium, the American Rose Center, a full calendar of riverfront arts and music festivals, and much more. We enjoy the ambience of a smaller city and the resources of many larger metropolitan areas. Being located in extreme northwestern Louisiana, our climate is closer to that of Atlanta or Birmingham than to that of New Orleans. The low cost of living, pleasant climate, and excellent schools make Shreveport a wonderful place to raise a family.
LSUHSC – Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.