HealthWorks Medical Director
HealthWorks Medical Director: Occupational Health Clinic Group searches for engaging leader.
We are seeking a natural leader to help build HealthWorks’ growing employer-based healthcare service line as Medical Director.
Centra’s HealthWorks collaborates with employers to maximize the health, well-being and safety of their workers. We offer services focused on regulatory needs, risk/cost reduction care, and prevention including:
- Occupational Medicine
- Work Recovery/PT Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Employer Clinics
Administrative work to include:
- Supporting, leading and modeling the vision, mission and values of Centra and HealthWorks.
- Providing strategic system leadership for the HealthWorks service line.
- May oversee and provide evidence-based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- Participating in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the Client/Employer
- Participating in the Client/Employer relationship/sales process when needed
Clinical work to include patient care in:
- Occupational Medicine and/or
- Non-surgical Orthopedic consultant or a physician with interest in musculoskeletal and/or neuromuscular medicine
- Monday-Friday; Off on Weekends and Major Holidays; No Call
- Digital X-ray on site
- Comprehensive Labs with same day turnaround
- Substantial sign-on bonus
- Full health, dental and vision benefits
- Student loan repayment program
- $5k CME expenses
- $10k relocation expenses
- Board Certified/Eligible in Orthopedic, Sports Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and/or Occupational Medicine.
Centra is a not-for-profit regional health care system based in Lynchburg servicing central Virginia with three hospitals and more than 5,200 health care professionals. As the largest health system in the region, Centra provides a full spectrum of medical services, including cardiovascular, cancer, surgical, emergency, neurology, orthopaedics, family practice, women and children's, rehabilitation and senior services.
Centra has received many awards and accolades to include Forbes’ Safest Hospitals and 50Top Cardiac Hospitals in America; Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers, 100 Most Wired Hospitals and Magnet designation for excellence in Nursing!
Lynchburg, Virginia offers an ideal balance between the practice of medicine and quality of life!
Central Virginia is nestled at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains offering a perfect balance of the four seasons and abundant outdoor recreation. All in a days drive to
- Washington, DC
- Charlotte, NC
- Virginia and Carolina beaches
Lynchburg has an airport and four private colleges bringing the Burg an eclectic culture. Excellent public and private schools, earning national recognition.