Medical Director - Inpatient Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Centra Medical Group is seeking a full-time BC/BE Inpatient Psychiatrist to lead our Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department in beautiful and charming Lynchburg, VA.
- Hospital employed
- Brand new Inpatient Unit - 20 beds, serving children ages 5-18
- 45 minute intakes, 15 minute follow ups (10 patients per day)
- Facility is certified in Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS).
- 1:5 call
- Working with medical students/residents
- Opportunity to do specialty clinics
- Telepsych available
- Part of a Large MH child service which includes inpatient, outpatient, RTC, special education day schools, in-home services
- Cerner EMR
- Competitive compensation
- Generous benefits package
- Educational loan repayment options
- Relocation assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- CME allowance
Centra Medical Group is part of Centra, a nationally recognized Virginia healthcare system encompassing four hospitals, regional medical centers, and more than 50 primary care/specialty practices. Centra fosters a vibrant, collaborative team environment with a strong priority on physician satisfaction—all reflected in our high employee retention rate and long staff tenure.
Best of all, you'll be working in a community that's renowned for its quality of life. The Lynchburg region has been singled out by sources such as Forbes, Newsweek, CNN Money, and Kiplinger.com for its mild climate, low cost of living (-17% below national average), and its abundance of cultural, educational and recreational assets. You'll find an amazing diversity of housing options here, ranging from historic mansions to lakefront condos...all situated just a few hours' drive from Washington, DC, mountain ski resorts, and Virginia's coastal beaches.