Inpatient Psychiatry Job in Washington, NC
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Behavioral Health in Washington, NC are seeking a board eligible or board certified Psychiatrist to join their inpatient behavioral health unit. New graduates, J1 visa, H1B candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group, a physician led group employing over 500 providers in over 90 practice sites
- Inpatient unit with 22 beds in regional community hospital
- Role includes consults, treatment planning, no ED coverage, 7 days on / 7 days off hospitalist model
- Call included with 7 day work schedule
- Outpatient coverage available if desired
- Check out our excellent work / life balance video for psychiatry–here
- Practice located in a beautiful waterfront community on the Pamlico Sound
- Close proximity to NC and VA beaches and a variety of outdoor activities
- Opportunities exist for moonlighting within health system network
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include:Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 500 providers in more than 90 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Beaufort Hospital, located in Washington, is a full service hospital with an active medical staff of over 50 physicians, representing over 20 specialties, as well as over 600 nurses, technicians and support staff. The hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, surgical, intensive care, emergency, pediatrics and women’s services. In addition we have a full-service lab, diagnostic imaging services, physical and respiratory therapy. Oncology services are provided by The Marion L. Shepard Cancer Center, a state-of-art cancer treatment facility which offers the highest quality of care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Progressive healthcare facilities, combined with personal, hometown compassionate care, ensure that patients in Beaufort and surrounding counties have access to an exceptional level of care.
Washington is a small town that honors its historic traditions while embracing the future. It features one of the state’s largest commercial and residential historic districts, featuring stunning antebellum homes and buildings. It’s located on the Tar and Pamlico rivers, serving as a gateway to the second largest estuary on the East Coast. Health care is an important industry in Washington and the surrounding area in addition to PCS Phosphate, Hackney Industries, Weyerhaeuser and Fountain Powerboats.
- Beautiful waterfront community
- Located in the heart of the Inner Banks on the beautiful Pamlico Sound
- Only 20 miles east of Greenville, NC and 70 miles from the spectacular Crystal Coast beaches
- Flourishing waterfront downtown district offers unique, world-class restaurants, intriguing shops, art galleries and more.
- Desirable climate with mild winters and all 4 seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Provides diverse and affordable housing, including waterfront homes and land
- A number of school options including public, charter, parochial and private
- Parks & Recreation Department offers a youth sports complex with baseball, softball and soccer fields; an aquatic and fitness center; waterfront parks and boat launching facilities
ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY