Interventional Cardiology Opportunity just 45 min NE of ATL!
Come join the cardiology team that leads care at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) – which is rated Georgia’s #1 Heart Hospital for 12 years in a row (CareChex®). Be a part of one of the largest and most experience multidisciplinary teams in the nation!
The Heart Center of NGMC is seeking an Interventional Cardiologist to join its employed practice.
Education, Training, & Experience
- Medical Doctor
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Georgia
- Functions appropriately as part of care delivery team through efficient use of resources and skills, both their own and those of other provider and staff
- Actively participates in multi-disciplinary team approach (oversight of advanced practitioners)
- Pushes envelope to incorporate the latest technology available to stream line services
- Excellent clinical skills
- Team oriented
- Competency in interpretation of echocardiography, stress echocardiography, nuclear perfusion studies, and cardiac stress tests required
The Heart Center at NGHS Overview
The Heart Center of NGMC is routinely first-in-market for breakthrough treatments, thanks to our team’s participation in national clinical trials – often as the only practice participating in a community hospital setting. We’re also an integral part of the Northeast Georgia Regional STEMI System, which has been nationally-recognized for achieving door-to-reperfusion times well below national standards. Learn more about The Heart Center of NGMC at heartngmc.org.
- More than 26 cardiologists and 40 advanced practitioners
- 15 total outpatient locations
- EMR Platform - EPIC
- On-staff at NGMC’s hospitals in Gainesville and Braselton
- Dominant cardiovascular market share leader in our 19+ county service area
- Team performs more than 5,000 cardiac procedures and 30,000 consults each year
- Primary services span non-invasive cardiology, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, heart failure treatment, cardiac imaging and more
- Advanced structural heart procedures and specialty programs include:
- First practice in Georgia to implant bio-absorbable stents (July 2016)
- Alcohol Septal Ablation
- Sports Cardiology
- ASD and PFO closure
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits package
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more
- Thriving economy, low cost of living, and Award-Winning Schools
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on Lake Lanier
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains
Northeast Georgia Health System – Dramatically Different
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), one of the largest multi-specialty groups in Georgia, brings together more than 400+ talented physicians and advanced practitioners representing 30 specialties at over 70 locations. NGPG is affiliated with Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), which serves more than 1,000,000 people in more than 13 counties across the region. As part of NGHS, patients of NGPG have a direct connection to Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s three hospital campuses in Gainesville, Braselton and Barrow County. Learn more about our awarded services at www.nghs.com.
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Northeast Georgia Area
The City of Gainesville, county seat of Hall County, is located in Northeast Georgia, approximately 50 miles northeast of Atlanta and 100 miles southwest of Greenville, South Carolina. Located on the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier and at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Gainesville, Georgia is the tourism and economic center of Northeast Georgia. The city sits halfway between the Appalachian Mountains and the urban city center of Atlanta.
For information about the area, I invite you to please visit the following websites:
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. Through the services of a medical staff of more than 900+ physicians, the residents of Northeast Georgia enjoy access to the state's finest and most comprehensive medical services.
Healthgrades has named Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 2018 and only one of two hospitals in Georgia to get this honor. Also, NGHS has been named one of "Metro Atlanta’s Top 100 Workplaces" by the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) for 2011 - 2017.
Northeast Georgia Medical Center's expert level of care has been recognized on a national and statewide level including:
- Number one in Georgia and top 5% in the nation for Cardiac Care
- Accredited with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer for Cancer Care
- CARF-accreditation for inpatient rehabilitation including stroke specialty care certification, one of the first in the nation
- American Society of Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence certification, and the first hospital in Georgia to offer gastric bypass surgery using the da Vinci robotic surgical system.
•Georgia’s #1 Heart Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Orthopedic Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Vascular Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Women’s Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Neurological Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Pulmonary Hospital