Cardiology - Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center (ASLMC) of Milwaukee, Wisconsin is seeking an Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) physician to join our distinguished Cardiology team!
- The new ACHD Cardiologist will join a well-established interdisciplinary team and be supported by over 50 employed Cardiologists, including two Pediatric Cardiologists. He or she will join world renown Cardiologist Dr. A. Jamil Tajik who also specializes in ACHD
- In addition to ACHD efforts, this cardiologist will have the opportunity to have an additional focus of their choosing in any of our world class services; adult non-invasive imaging, pediatric/fetal non-invasive imaging, heart failure, transplant, cardiomyopathy or others.
- This position offers the correct candidate the ability to define their own balance of clinical vs academic efforts. In addition to our wide breath of clinical opportunities, research opportunities abound along with mentoring our medical students, residents, and fellows
- The candidate must be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric or adult cardiology and board-certified or board-eligible in Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center:
- Is the flagship cardiovascular center for a large financially strong heart care system with goals to expand market share locally, regionally and compete nationally.
- Is recognized as one of the “Top 50 Best Hospitals” by US News & World Report, and is ranked as the #1 Hospital in Milwaukee for Cardiac Care.
- Has the largest cardiovascular diseases fellowship program in the Midwest with ABIM subspecialty training programs in electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, heart failure transplantation and certification in advanced imaging.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
The future of medicine is happening here at Aurora St. Luke’s, and you’re at the center. No matter what your need – common surgery or pioneering treatment – you can count on our experienced and specialty physicians to provide expert care and excellent outcomes.
As the only hospital in Wisconsin with a 24/7 on-site heart-care team, you can expect to receive premiere cardiac services. Both the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association have recognized St. Luke’s performance in treating cardiac and stroke patients.
U.S. News & World Report has singled out our services as well, making us 1 of only 26 hospitals in the U.S. to receive “Triple Recognition” for stroke and cardiac patients.
For the second consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report has named St. Luke’s the top hospital in Southeastern Wisconsin. St. Luke’s was also named in the Top 50 for the seventh consecutive year, this year ranking in three specialty categories.
Aurora Back and Spine Program
Work with experienced spine physiatrists, surgeons, pain management specialists and integrative medicine practitioners to get the right treatment for your condition. Whether it’s a herniated disc, spinal fracture or spinal tumors, our fully integrated team is committed to finding the most minimally invasive way to treat your back pain.
Internationally known for expertise in heart care, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center ranks among the top 10 centers in the world for minimally invasive, robotic-assisted heart surgery. Aurora St. Luke's connects you with world-renowned experts at the Cardiac Specialty Centers. And as an accredited Chest Pain Center, we are committed to providing the highest standards of quality and care.
Cancer Care Spanish Clinic
The Aurora Cancer Care Spanish Clinic is a bilingual, Spanish-speaking cancer clinic in Wisconsin. Our doctor and his staff provide exceptional care in the management of cancer and other serious hematologic diseases, while also meeting the language and cultural needs of you and your family.
New patients can be seen on Monday afternoons 2-4 pm, and follow up patients on Thursdays.
Our neuroscience team is at the top of its field. You’ll find a patient-centered, collaborative approach to your treatment as well as innovative surgical techniques that deliver pinpoint accuracy and faster healing. As a certified Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center, we offer our patients lower rates of long-term damage and comprehensive rehabilitation options. And our regional epilepsy and multiple sclerosis programs are national trendsetters.
Organ Transplant Services
With more than 800 heart transplants behind us – along with extensive experience in kidney, liver and pancreas transplants – we’re changing lives in miraculous ways. We have been a leader in transplant surgery since 1968. Our program is Medicare-approved for heart, liver and kidney transplants, and offers 24-hour access to doctors and transplant coordinators.
Our knowledgeable Orthopedics, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation staff is here to help you get back to your active lifestyle in a way that is comfortable and safe for you. Whatever the concern, we’re here to help you health.
Women's Health Care
From mammograms to minimally invasive surgeries, you can count on us to provide respectful, professional care.
We specialize in:
- Fertility and reproductive support
- Preventive care
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Urogynecology and pelvic floor disorders