Cardiology - Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center (ASLMC) of Milwaukee, Wisconsin is seeking an Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) physician to join our distinguished Cardiology team!
- The new ACHD Cardiologist will join a well-established interdisciplinary team and be supported by over 50 employed Cardiologists, including two Pediatric Cardiologists. He or she will join world renown Cardiologist Dr. A. Jamil Tajik who also specializes in ACHD
- In addition to ACHD efforts, this cardiologist will have the opportunity to have an additional focus of their choosing in any of our world class services; adult non-invasive imaging, pediatric/fetal non-invasive imaging, heart failure, transplant, cardiomyopathy or others.
- This position offers the correct candidate the ability to define their own balance of clinical vs academic efforts. In addition to our wide breath of clinical opportunities, research opportunities abound along with mentoring our medical students, residents, and fellows
- The candidate must be board-certified or board-eligible in pediatric or adult cardiology and board-certified or board-eligible in Adult Congenital Heart Disease.
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center:
- Is the flagship cardiovascular center for a large financially strong heart care system with goals to expand market share locally, regionally and compete nationally.
- Is recognized as one of the “Top 50 Best Hospitals” by US News & World Report, and is ranked as the #1 Hospital in Milwaukee for Cardiac Care.
- Has the largest cardiovascular diseases fellowship program in the Midwest with ABIM subspecialty training programs in electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, heart failure transplantation and certification in advanced imaging.
About Aurora Health Care
Aurora Health Care is the largest health care system in Wisconsin. With service areas extending to Northeastern Illinois, Aurora is anchored by two top tier tertiary/quaternary care centers. Our integrated delivery model allows Aurora physicians and advanced practice professionals to support their patients, connect with colleagues and offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care.
What makes being an Aurora physician unique? We make it easy for you to do what you do best - care for patients. Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for patients.
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums—including an internationally designed lakefront art museum—to one of the nation’s Top 10 zoos. Spring through Fall is the time Milwaukee comes alive with lakeshore festivals celebrating diverse ethnic cultures and cuisines. Summerfest, held for 10 days each summer, is the nation’s largest music festival. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including prestigious Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and—for the traveler—one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world. Professional sports franchises’ Bucks and Brewers and local university sports round out the Milwaukee area as a place with something for everyone.
For additional information please call us at 800-307-7497.
An ideal state to practice medicine
Wisconsin is one of the most physician-friendly states in the country. An effective Patient Compensation Fund and a supportive legal environment all make Wisconsin a great place to practice medicine. And for self-starting physicians who want to determine the course of their own practice, our state's low level of managed care makes it an ideal place to grow a rewarding career.
In addition to the excellent environment for a medical practice, Wisconsin offers a world of lifestyle choices, from urban settings to small communities and suburban areas. Friendly neighborhoods, a renowned university system, and an abundance of recreational and cultural offerings make Wisconsin an ideal place to live and work.
Golf, racing, skiing, boating, ethnic festivals, and four seasons of professional sports are just a few of the activities that Wisconsin families enjoy. For the outdoor lover, Wisconsin's natural beauty ranges from lush green rolling hills, to sandy beaches and spectacular cliffs on the Lake Michigan shore. From live theater to symphonies and diverse ethnic and continental cuisine, Wisconsin offers a true cultural smorgasbord from which to choose.
Finding better ways
Aurora is an integrated health care delivery system providing care in more than 69 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin. Our relationships with Wisconsin universities provide unique career opportunities such as faculty appointments, clinic-academic positions and residency programs. Whether you seek to join an employed medical group or establish an independent practice and serve on the staff of a hospital, we may have what you're looking for.
To find out more about Wisconsin practice opportunities with Aurora Health Care, call Aurora Physician Services & Recruitment at 800-307-7497.