Academic Family Medicine
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is seeking part-time and full-time, board-certified/eligible family medicine physicians to join our team. Our Department is currently home to 83 faculty members, 6 fellows, and 27 residents; however, we continue to grow annually. Our diverse department includes sports medicine, occupational medicine, integrative medicine, behavioral health, and health service researchers in addition to family medicine. Additionally, we have two residency program sites with faulty who cover inpatient service at University Hospital East; prenatal and maternity care including delivery as well as geriatrics services. Our faculty is involved in medical student education through practicum lectures and rotations through the clinics. Our family medicine practices are part of Comprehensive Primary Care Plus through the Center for Medicare and Medicaid and are PCMH level 3 recognized. Additionally, our family medicine practices are staffed with dieticians, behavioral health specialists, social workers, pharmacists, medical assistants, and nurses as part of the team. Opportunities range from 100% outpatient to a variety or responsibilities depending on experience. OSU offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications.
- Successful completion of Family Medicine residency training
- Board Certified or Eligible
- Eligible for State of Ohio medical license
The Department of Family Medicine offers patient-centered personalized medical services through The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center at our family medicine centers located throughout Columbus and Franklin County. These centers feature family medicine teams made up of physicians, residents, nurse care coordinators, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, dietitians, medical assistants/technicians and mental health experts working together to ensure that our patients receive excellent, personalized healthcare.
Family medicine offers a wide-range of team-based services, including physical examinations, wellness care, pediatric services, care for sports-related injuries, women’s healthcare, acute care and chronic disease management, family and marital counseling, psychological services, minor surgery, care coordination, dietitian nutritional services, pharmacist medication review and much more. In addition, as part of one of the nation’s top-ranked medical centers, the Department of Family Medicine has access to nationally and internationally recognized specialists and support services.
For consideration, please send CV along with a cover letter to:
Tiffany Bauman, MBD | Physician and Faculty Recruitment
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Tiffany.Bauman@osumc.edu
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Practice where the ambition is to find breakthrough healthcare solutions that improve patient lives
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center will challenge you, reward you and give you the chance to make an impact through high-quality, safe, efficient, patient-centered care. As the only academic medical center in central Ohio, we can offer you the personal growth opportunities and diverse patient cases that can fuel a career from day one to retirement.
As a valued member of a multidisciplinary team, you’ll have access to the resources, research and support you need to excel. The Ohio State University, one of the largest universities in the nation, furthers our dynamic environment and strengthens clinical practices with education and research possibilities as broad as your imagination. You can choose the track of practice that best suits your interests: clinical, clinical-research or research.
We have been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report for the 26th year in a row. Because of our size, our patient population presents cases from simple to complex, with a range of unique co-morbidities, so if you want to challenge and expand your medical expertise, come to Ohio State.
Wexner Medical Center Stats
- University Hospital
- University Hospital East
- Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute
- Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
- Brain and Spine Hospital
- Ohio State Harding Hospital
- Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital
More than 100 central Ohio facilities
- Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute
- Talbot Addiction Medicine
- Ohio State Eye and Ear Institute
- Ohio State Integrative Medicine
- Walk-in Care Clinic
- Two AfterHours Care locations
- Nine multispecialty community locations
Beds - 1,443
Patient admissions (FY18) – 64,529
Outpatient visits (FY18) – 1.81 million
Births (FY18) – 5,264
Emergency Department visits (FY18) – 130,916
Surgeries (FY18) – 44,888
Employees – 29,123
Physicians – 1,753
Residents and fellows – 879
Nursing staff – 4,949
Volunteers – 1,703
- Ranked for 26 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report. Only 26 hospitals out of nearly 5,000 in the nation were ranked in 10 specialties or more. Our 10 ranked specialties are:
Points of pride for the Wexner Medical Center
- Five of Ohio’s top high-risk pregnancy specialists practice at Ohio State
- 15 hospitals affiliated with the Ohio State Health Network
- $156 million dollars in cancer research funding raised in nine years through Pelotonia, the annual cycling event benefitting cancer research at Ohio State
- 250 research grant awards totaling $100+ million in FY18
- One of the nation’s busiest kidney transplant hospitals
- One of only five designated NeuroRecovery Network® spinal cord injury rehabilitation centers in the nation
- More than 9,500 lifesaving transplants performed since 1967
- 2 percent of hospitals in the United States – Ohio State among them – have been redesignated Magnet® facilities
- Provided more than $215 million in annual community benefits through charity care and outreach
- One of only 49 comprehensive cancer centers designated by National Cancer Institute
- Seven health sciences colleges on one campus, fostering unmatched opportunity for collaboration and discovery
- 62 accredited fellowship and residency programs train more than 800 medical professionals each year
- One of only 64 members of a National Institutes of Health consortium that speeds the translation of scientific discovery into better patient care
- The 2017 Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research Rankings, a compilation of NIH funding rankings for U.S. medical schools, placed four of our programs in the top 20 and one of our programs in the top 10 nationwide
- Four faculty members currently elected to the National Academy of Medicine and two to the National Academy of Sciences
- One of only 49 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers (CCCs) in the United States; the NCI named our CCC “exceptional” – its highest ranking
- Houses or co-manages more than 20 research centers and institutes and 25 core research laboratories
- More than 2,000 active research studies and clinical trials in virtually every medical specialty
- The College of Medicine ranked 32nd by U.S. News & World Report and 12th among public medical schools in its 2019 “Best Graduate Schools” list
- U.S. News & World Report ranked our online bachelor’s programs #1 in the nation among online colleges, which includes the online Health Sciences undergrad degree from the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- The College of Medicine received 7,226 applications for its 2018 entering medical class of 202 students
- The Association of American Medical Colleges in 2018 ranked our College of Medicine sixth out of more than 150 medical schools for total number of African-American students enrolled
- One of the few universities in the world to offer five dual medical degrees: MD/PhD (Medical Scientist); MD/MBA (Business Administration); MD/JD (Law); MD/MHA (Health Administration); MD/MPH (Public Health)
- The College of Medicine has 2,568 students and 23 programs (11 undergrad, 11 graduate and 1 professional)
- More than 800 residents and fellows train in more than 60 accredited graduate and residency programs each year
- More than 14,000 College of Medicine MD and residency program graduates practice in all 50 states and in more than 50 countries
- Users in approximately 150 countries access our web-based and live continuing medical education activities annually
- U.S. News & World Report has named us to its list of America’s “Best Hospitals,” based on quality, outcomes and reputation, for the 26th consecutive year
- Becker’s Hospital Review selected us for its 2018 list of “100 Great Hospitals in America” for excellence in quality patient care and clinical research, leadership in innovation and our rankings and awards
- The Leapfrog Group has once again honored Wexner Medical Center and UH East with an “A” in its Spring 2018 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for being among the safest hospitals in the nation
- Among the 9 percent in the U.S. to receive the highest rating of five stars in the most recent update to the Hospital Compare website of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- For the third year in a row, Vizient honored us with its Quality Leadership Award for superior performance in delivering high-quality safe, efficient, patient-centered and equitable patient care
- First hospital in central Ohio to achieve Magnet® status for nursing excellence; first hospital in central Ohio to earn Magnet® redesignation
We understand that moving is a big deal and you’re interested in what life will look like beyond the hospital walls. You’re in luck. It’s likely that Columbus has more than you expected. Of course, we love our city – it’s a great place to start out, to stay, to raise a family, to explore – but we’re admittedly partial.
From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry and eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping.
This video will give you a quick overview of our city.