Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeon
CV Surgery Opportunity
- Employment available
- Annual base salary guaranteed at $681,782 for initial 18 months + lucrative incentive program
- Initial three 3 year contract term
- Sign-on bonus ($25K)
- Relocation & house hunting assistance (up to $20K)
- Potential student loan repayment
- Potential monthly training stipend (up to 24 months)
- Full Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Critical Illness, Life Insurance, Retirement, 30 days a year of PTO, 18 weeks of sick leave, and more)
- $2,000 Texas license fees reimbursement
- Malpractice coverage would begin the first day and includes tail coverage for tenure at HMC ($1,000,000 & $3,000,000 policy limits)
- Continuing Medical Education - $5,000 per year and five paid days per year
- Marketing to community and region included
- Hospital call will be shared with 2 other CVT Surgeons
- Full range adult cardiac, vascular and thoracic practice
- Two new hybrid ORs and dedicated CV ORs
- CV surgery privileges: Applicants must be able to demonstrate that he/she has completed at least fifty (50) cardiac surgery and fifty (50) vascular procedures during the past twelve (12) months or successful completion of an approved residency or clinical fellowship within the past twelve (12) months.
- Thoracic privileges: Applicants must be able to demonstrate the performance of at least fifty (50) thoracic surgical procedures in the past twelve (12) months or successful completion of accredited residency or clinical fellowship within the past twelve (12) months.
Hendrick Health System in Abilene, Texas serves as the hub for healthcare services in the Texas Midwest. Hendrick Health System serves the region with a 564 licensed-bed medical center, a women’s center, rehabilitation hospital, cancer center and numerous other valuable services. You will find most medical and surgical specialists are on staff to assist in the care of your patients.
Hendrick Medical Center has earned the Great Gallup Workplace Award for the past 13 years. We are the only hospital to win this international award 13 years in a row. We are a nonprofit hospital, so all of our profits are invested back into the hospital for purchasing equipment or expanding our facilities.
Hendrick is looking to recruit physicians for the Abilene population of 120K and surrounding 24 county service area of nearly 400K. Hendrick is located three hours west of Dallas in the heart of the Texas Midwest. Our community is home to many wonderful sites and services and offers a safe, friendly atmosphere and a fine place to raise a family.
Here is a virtual tour of the main hospital, Hendrick Medical Center.
Here is also a message from the physicians at Hendrick Medical Center.
Abilene, Texas is a regional center of higher education and the Arts. This mid-sized city is home to 120K people with a 24 county regional draw of 400,000. The people distinguish themselves as being warm, friendly and open to accepting new people and ideas. It is a charming, safe community and a fine place to raise a family. The three private universities in Abilene add to the city’s cultural affairs and activities. Abilenians enjoy visiting the Paramount Theatre, Grace Museum, Center for Contemporary Arts, Abilene Philharmonic, 12th Armored Division Museum, Abilene Zoo and the Children’s Art and Literacy Festival. You may also find these links to be of interest so that you can learn a little bit more about Abilene:
- Abilene Attractions
- Downtown Abilene
- Mall of Abilene
- Abilene Chamber of Commerce
- City of Abilene
- Private Elementary School - St. Johns
- Abilene Independent School District
- Wylie Independent School District
- Texas Tech University - Abilene Campus
- Abilene Christian University
- Abilene Philharmonic
- Abilene Zoo
- Abilene Paramount Theatre
- Adventure Cove
- The Mill Winery