The Executive Director/DIO, in collaboration with the WiNC Board of Directors and GME Committee, will be responsible for leading and directing the establishment and responsibilities of the WiNC GME Consortium.
This will include:
- Providing vision, leadership, and facilitation of Consortium planning, implementation, and maintenance activities.
- Work to develop proposals, policies, and procedures related to the establishment of the Consortium.
- Ensure that Consortium activities and milestones are accomplished in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop affiliation agreements for consortium membership.
- Hire, train, and manage support staff.
- Coordinate activities of the WiNC GME Consortium office and supervise assigned staff.
- Facilitate and participate in the WiNC Residency Compensation Committee and WiNC Workforce Development Committee
- Participate in work related to regional physician needs assessments, physician education opportunity assessments and other activities related to physician workforce needs in the region
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should possess one or more of the following:
- MD, PhD, or Master's degree in healthcare administration, business management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years' experience in graduate medical education as program director or education coordinator/administrator.
- Two years' of progressive entrepreneurial experience.
- Former Designated Institutional Official for a Residency Program (strongly preferred).
- At least three years' of any of the above experiences in an organization in the Consortium's geographic region (strongly preferred).
- Evident of partnering with rural training locations (strongly preferred).
- Design and development of new programs or services.
- Working within strategic alliances and/or collaborative ventures.
- Assertive, clear and concise communication style.
- Solid business, strategic planning and financial management skills.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis. For More Information, Visit https://www.wausauchamber.com/