General Radiologist, NO CALL, Safe Family Community Midwest
South Dakota practice seeking a full time board certified or board eligible radiologist to be employed by Avera Queen of Peace Hospital.
- NO CALL, NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS
- Excellent financial package with production great benefits.
- State of the art Equipment
- Variety of reads with Mammo, MRI, CT and PETScan
- Opportunity to perform procedures and light interventional work
- ER staffed 24/7 by Emergency Medicine trained physicians
Avera Queen of Peace is a member of Avera Health, a regional family of more than 330 healthcare facilities in the five-state region. With over 16,000 employees, Avera Health has over two million clinic and inpatient visits each year at facilities known for medical excellence, technological innovation, and a commitment to meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of all patients.
Avera Queen of Peace, is a 50-bed, non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health System serving Mitchell, South Dakota and an 11 county area. With over 65 physicians and APPs on staff in 22 specialties and 600 employees, the hospital offers a full range of services. The hospital is equipped with the region’s most advanced, state-of-the-art medical technology and services and recently was recognized for Excellence in Providing Safe, Reliable, and Efficient Care in the Premier Healthcare Alliance’s QUEST: High Performing Hospitals. The Avera Medical Group Family Health Center, a three story, 70,000 square foot clinic opened in 2016. The 30-acre Avera Grassland Health campus has space to accommodate future expansions.
- Integrated physicians’ network of Avera Health; 330 locations in 100 communities in the 5-state region of South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska
- More than 850 professionals providing focused patient care
- Total EMR for longitudinal care
- Avera eCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services through eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, ePrescribing, eLTC and eStroke
- Safe, friendly community with a population of 15,500
- Located on Interstate 90 and served by a local and Sioux Falls Regional Airport; easy access to Minneapolis, Omaha and vacation destinations
- Lake Mitchell provides boating, swimming, fishing and beautiful sunsets
- Home of the World's only Corn Palace
- 19 city parks
- 2 18-hole public golf courses
- Cadwell Sports Complex includes baseball and softball fields
- New Pepsi Cola soccer complex
- Mitchell Recreation Center; indoor swimming pool, basketball and racket ball courts, weight lifting room
- Mitchell Activities Center includes hockey and ice skating
- Mitchell School District includes 3 elementary schools, a middle school, a high school, plus John Paul Elementary and Mitchell Christian
- Learn more about the Mitchell School District
- Learn more about Dakota Wesleyan University
- Learn more about Mitchell Technical Institute
- 17 churches representing several religious faiths
- Home of Cabela’s; and excellent hunting and fishing
- Pepsi Cola Theatre home to local talent, Area Community Theatre and Concert Series
- Learn more about Mitchell at http://www.cityofmitchell.org/ or http://www.visitmitchell.com/
- Take a photo tour at http://www1.avera.org/aqop/about/community/photogallery.aspx