Practice Primary Care in Rockford, IL - "Forest City," & home of Cheap Trick
Mercyhealth is seeking a Primary Care Physician to join our expanding practice in Rockford, Illinois.
Mercyhealth is an award-winning, multi-regional, integrated health system comprising 7 hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 85 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 55 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 125 specialty and sub-specialty services, including adult and pediatric critical care, neonatal intensive care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Mercyhealth has been named a “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Healthcare – 2018 & 2019.
- Join a growing Multi-Specialty Outpatient Practice
- Clinic can accommodate an additional Internal Medicine Practice or Family Medicine Practice with limited Pediatrics
- Practice on a campus including a Level II Trauma Center, Clinics, EMS Training Center, React Helipad, Urgent Care, Full Lab & Radiology
- Call will be very minimal and shared among Mercyhealth Rockford region Internal Medicine Physicians
- Schedule can be flexible; we promote and support a private practice model!
- Because we provide a robust Hospitalist program, admissions and rounding are not required
- No restrictions on procedures - build the practice to your specifications
- Admitting Hospitals are Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Ave. (same campus) & Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Riverside (Level I Trauma Center)
- Opportunity to be involved with our newly opened (July 2019) Mercyhealth Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Students from University of Illinois-Chicago Rockford Campus regularly rotate through our internal medicine clinics
Full Time Compensation & Benefits:
Mercyhealth offers a highly competitive base salary guarantee (based on MGMA guidelines) leading to an incentive-based compensation the first year, along with an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid CME, malpractice and licensure
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for Physician and family
- 100% match on 4% retirement plan contribution + additional discretionary 2%
- Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance paid 100% by Mercyhealth
- 20 days of PTO + 5 days for CME during guarantee for a full-time Physician
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness available
- Relocation reimbursement ($10,000)
Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital – Rockton Avenue Campus has been committed to serving the health care needs of the Rockford community since it first opened its doors as Rockford Hospital in 1885. Since then, the hospital has grown and expanded, providing a level of care unmatched in the region. Our doctors, nurses and other professionals are committed to working together in partnership with you and your family to meet your health care needs.
Our passion rises above what’s merely acceptable to achieve what’s truly extraordinary. When care is most critical, our top rated, level I Trauma Center provides advanced trauma and emergency services. These services are supported by our MD-1 physicians that respond to emergency calls in the field and REACT, our critical care transport helicopter, providing northern Illinois with the highest level of air medical transportation and care 24-hours a day.
Our stroke team is the most experienced in the Rockford region in stroke diagnosis and intervention. In fact, our physicians helped write the American Heart Association Guidelines that have become the standard of stroke care throughout the US and is leading the way for stroke care throughout the world by holding clinical trials right here in Rockford.
Our advanced surgical technology offers less invasive procedures and faster recovery, and patients in our comprehensive cancer care program receive individualized care focused on their own unique needs.
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 800 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 85 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care. We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services, offering the highest level of care available at our neonatal intensive care unit, caring for the most fragile preemies in the region’s only Small Baby Unit, and serving as a State of Illinois-designated Perinatal Center for an 11-county region.
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.